Chapter 18: Happy New Year

"So, what are we doing tonight?" Rory asks and kisses my shoulder, looking up at me. "We could have our own little party" I say and smile down at her, playing with her hair. "Sounds fun" She says and smiles back at me.

          "We still have plenty of snacks, and Ben said that he has something for us in his fridge" I say and giggle softly. "Should we go see what it is?" Rory asks and giggles. "Sure" I say and smile, wheeling us to Ben's bedroom.

          Rory gets off of my lap and kneels down on the floor, opening Ben's mini fridge. "He bought us Rosé wine" Rory says and shows me the bottle. "Awesome" I say and giggle, biting my lip. "That's gonna stay in here until tonight though" Rory giggles and puts the bottle away, sitting on my lap again.

          "Good idea" I say and kiss her nose, wheeling us back to the living room. Rory moves onto the couch and gently pulls me onto her lap, holding me close to her and softly kissing all over my face.          

          "As much as I love this; is there a reason why you've been so affectionate lately?" I ask and smile, kissing her nose. "I just really l..." Rory trails off and blushes, hiding her face in my neck. I hold her close and rest my head against hers, speechless.

          Was she about to say that she loves me? Or is that just what I want her to say? Either way, my heart is beating so fast and I'm trying to hide my huge smile; just at the thought of Rory saying that she loves me.

          My heartbeat slows back down and I gently lift Rory's chin, kissing her softly. She kisses me back softly and smiles. "Movies, then dancing? Or dancing, then movies?" I ask and smile, brushing her hair behind her ear.

          "Hmmm. Movies then dancing" Rory says and smiles at me. "Alright. You get the snacks and I'll get the movies" "Yes ma'am" She giggles softly and salutes me, putting me back in my chair. I giggle and go to my room to grab my movie case while Rory gets the snacks from the kitchen. I get the movies then go back to the living room, carefully moving myself back onto the couch.

          Rory comes back with the snacks and switches jobs with me. I open up the sealed chip bags and crack open our sodas, setting them on the coffee table in front of me. Rory picks out the first movie and puts it in the DVD player, sitting next to me.

          I pull a blanket over us and cuddle close to each other on the couch. The movie starts and eat our chips and drink our sodas as we watch it.

***6 hours later***

          Rory gets up from the couch after the third movie and turns on How Would You Feel by Ed Sheeran, holding her hands out to me. "May I have this dance?" She asks and smiles. "Of course" I smile back and take her hands. Rory gently pulls me up and quickly moves her arms to waist, holding me tight. I wrap my arms around her neck and look into her eyes as we slowly sway to the music.

***11:41 PM***

          "Think it's time for the wine?" Rory asks and giggles softly, sitting us back down on the couch. "Yes I do" I say and giggle. She goes to Ben's room and gets the wine then gets glasses from the kitchen.

          Rory sits next to me and I open the bottle, pouring us both a glass of wine. We clink glasses and then take a sip. "This is pretty good" I say and smile, looking at Rory. "I don't like it" She says and giggles, going back to her soda.

          "I honestly don't either. It sucks" I say and giggle, setting my glass down. "Here" Rory giggles and gives me her soda since I finished mine. "Thank you cutie" I smile and take a drink. "You're welcome babe" She says and smiles back.

          We hear the countdown start on the TV and we look at each other. 3... 2... 1... "Happy New Year!" We say at the same time and I kiss Rory softly. She kisses me back softly and smiles, whispering; "I love you".

          I gently pull away to look at her and blush, smiling shyly before whispering back; "I love you too".