Chapter 15: Christmas Eve

***Marley's POV***

          Ben and Rory left a few hours ago to do "something", so I'm just sitting in my bed, texting Norah. They're having a get together at her house that I wish I could be at. I wish I could be anywhere but this hospital room.

          "Hey, can I come in sunshine?" Noah asks, standing in my doorway in jeans and a hoodie. "If you promise to never call me sunshine again" I say and giggle softly, looking at him. He walks into the room and hugs me, I hug him back.

          "Fine" Noah says and chuckles, sitting on my bed. "How you been doing kid?" He asks and smiles. "Better since my surgery, but tired of being here" I say and smile back. "Well, you should be free in a few days" He says.

          "True. And what are you doing here on Christmas Eve?" I ask and look at him. "I was in the neighborhood and I decided that I missed an extremely sassy girl, so I thought I'd stop by" Noah says and smiles at me.

          Before I can respond, my nurse Toby walks into the room. "Are we having a party?" He asks and laughs, smiling at us. "I think we'd need more people for that" I say and giggle softly, smiling back.

          "I just so happen to know some people that would love that idea" Noah says and opens the door. Ben, Rory, Norah, my dad, and my grandparents all walk into the room, dressed for the snowy night.

          "Hey guys" I say and smile brightly at everyone. Everyone takes a turn hugging me, Rory going last. She kisses me softly before pulling away. "We have a surprise for you" Ben says and smiles. "What is it?" I ask and smile back.

          Everyone takes off their coats to reveal that they're all wearing ugly Christmas sweaters, including Noah and Toby. "Do I get a sweater too?" I ask and giggle. "Of course" Norah says and pulls a sweater out of her bag, handing it to me.

          It's a black sweater with a Christmas tree on it, decorated with puff balls and bells. "I love it" I giggle and put it on. "Picture time" My dad says and smiles. Rory and Norah get into the bed with and everyone else gets around us. A nurse comes in and takes the pictures for us.

***9 PM***

          We all say our goodbyes for the night as everyone heads out, except Rory. We take off our sweaters and get comfortable in bed before turning off the light, cuddling close under the blanket.

          "Hey babe?" I ask softly and look up at Rory. "Yes beautiful?" She asks and looks back at me. "What do you want for Christmas?" I ask and interlace our fingers. "You" Rory whispers and kisses me softly. I smile against her lips, kissing her back softly.                           

*******************************    

Hey guys! I'm really sorry that it has taken this long for me to update this book! I honestly wasn't sure where the story was going, so I needed time to figure it out. I hope you enjoy this chapter!