Chapter 3: Hair Bleach

"Tell me again what exactly he said" The principal says to me, trying, not failing, to hide her anger. "He said; "How about I actually break your arm? It seems far considering what you did to me"" I say and sigh.

          "I am so sorry, Marley. I will make sure that nothing like this happens to you again" The principal says and shakes her head, giving me permission to leave school for the day so I don't have to be near McCarty. I thank her and go into the hallway where I see Rory and her dad talking.

          The conversation doesn't seem serious so I go over to them to say hi. "Hey Rory, hey coach" I say and smile at both of them. Rory's dad smiles back at me before walking away.

          "Hey" Rory says back and smiles, sitting on my lap. "Wanna go look at hair dye? I'm bored of indigo" I say and smile, fixing my glasses. "Sure. And you look so cute when you do that" Rory says and giggles, getting back up to get her car keys out of her locker.

          "Thank you for thinking that my blindness is cute" I say and giggle, shaking my head. "You're welcome" Rory says and we go out to her purple Jeep, heading to Sally Beauty.

***23 minutes later***

          "So, what color do you want to dye your hair?" Rory asks while we look at all of the color options. "Either lilac or white and red. Regardless, we're gonna need bleach" I say and smile, grabbing a box of bleach.

          "Lilac would be cute" Rory says and smiles, looking back at me. "Lilac it is then" I say and smile back, looking for a box of lilac dye. I see the box on a high shelf and sigh. Rory giggles and grabs the box for me, handing it to me. "Thank you" I say and smile, taking the box. "You're welcome" She says and smiles, pushing me to the counter to check out.

          I pay for the dye and then we leave, going back to my house. "What are you doing home so early?" Ben asks when we come inside. "The principal sent me home so I didn't have to be near McCarty" I say and look at him.

          "Ah. And is that hair dye?" Ben asks and laughs, looking at the Sally's bag. "Yes it is. We're gonna go bleach my hair" I say and Rory starts pushing me down the hall to the bathroom. "Have fun. And hey Rory" Ben says as we leave the room. "Hey Ben!" Rory yells back and shuts the bathroom door. I giggle and turn on music for us, getting everything set up for the bleach.   

***1 hour later***

          "Ready to see how it looks?" Rory asks and smiles after rinsing out my hair. "Yeah, I'm ready" I say and nod, smiling back. She smiles and turns my chair toward the mirror. "It looks awesome!" I say and smile.