ISLAND OF SAINT

Chapter:23

"Of all the places in the world to wish us to, you had brought us to the ISLANDS OF SAINTS!" Kairos yelled and fell into a peal of loud laughter, his wounds healing as Gouria had wished they did.

Gouria hissed low in his throat as he dusts sands off his pants a tin smile playing on his lips as his eyes wandered about taking in their new environment. They had landed on a small island right in the middle of the blue sea, it was beautiful as it was surrounded by nature and a few coconut trees. The sounds of birds singing happily could be heard as wild animals groan and howl.

"Firstly this is the first time a wish has ever worked on me and maybe it could be because I had included you in it, who knew?" Gouria faced the snickering man. He would never understand why Kairos tends to find the worst situations amusing in some way. "Secondly, anywhere that doesn't have an angry Athesmos is very much welcomed by me. There was no way in hell we would have taken down an entire army." Gouria was forced to laugh seeing that Kairos was still swimming in the sea of abundant laughter. "And thirdly, this isn't a bad place and it wasn't as if I was thinking right at the moment. All I desperately wanted was for us to get out of there and it worked. Lucky for both of us if you ask me."

"Yeah, lucky to be stuck out here on the Islands of Saints!" Kairos said between laughs and was rewarded with a punch that sent him tumbling into the wet sand.

"If you could stop laughing we meant be able to think of a way out of here. Athesmos is on his way to the East Gates for all we know."

"Do you even have any idea why it is called the Island of Saints?" Kairos asked seriously and smirked when Gouria shook his head.

"No. Why?"

"Because anyone who finds themselves stranded out here never returned."

"Why?"

"Do you see a means to get back!" Kairos threw his hands around in demonstration as Gouria spined around in circles before stopping to face Kairos who still wore that stupid grin on his face.

"And don't even get me started on swimming back, because even if you swam for a hundred years I'm certain you would never make it back alive, and there is no food either." Kairos' laughter resumed at the faces Gouria made as realization sets in.

"You can't be serious!" Gouria's shocked voice echoed around them for a while before it turned into whispers mixed with the waves of the sea.

"Well, I am pretty boy," Kairos smirked. "Unless you start wishing us out of here." Kairos held Gouria's hands in his and smiled into his eyes. "On second thought I am going to marry you and we would start our pitiful journey with the rest of the other lost souls." Kairos cried with fake pain as Gouria slapped him hard on the head.

"What was that for!"

"I think you pumped your head too hard so you'd also stop laughing."

"Why? I'm only trying to lighten up the mood. Look on the brighter side, this situation could be a lot worse." Kairos smirked.

"Worse!" Gouria jumped to his feet staring daggers at the smirking man.

"Yes, we could have fallen into the waters and become lunch for the wild sea creatures, or in the jungle where we'd be torn in shreds by some hungry carnivorous."