"We, what?" Evelyn looked back with her eyes wide. Mason shrugged and looked back at the book.

"I said, we will be sleeping the night there. We will come back home tomorrow. Do you have problem with it?" He asked.

Seconds passed and Evelyn didn't reply so, Mason looked at Evelyn sticking his head out.

Evelyn was staring down at him looking absolutely beetroot red.

"Your mind is already in the gutter, Isn't it?" Mason asked biting the inside of his cheek.

Evelyn hurriedly looked away. She cleared her throat and Mason chuckled.

"Chill. " Mason said while reading. "They have enough rooms for both of us."

"Why didn't you tell me we will be gone for the night? " Evelyn said walking around her closet throwing stuffs towards her backpack.

"Also, we will go to the beach too."

Mason peeked at her from behind his book. Evelyn was standing there with her hands on her hip. Mason quickly looked away.

"Drop that book, now!" She said and stomped forward.  Snatching the book from his hands, she huffed, "What else you didn't tell me?"

"Umm, nothing else?" He said.

Just that we are going over to the tatt guy's house.

"You better spill now. I hate surprises." She threatened.

You're gonna get so many.

"Can we do anything about that? " He asked.

"No," She replied and threw the book on his face.

"I get it, Evelyn.  You get so intimidated to see my handsome face. That Doesn't mean you will keep throwing things at it."

"Your face looks like shit," She yelled from the other side.

"And your comebacks are worse than two years old. Really, who says that?" Mason chuckled.

"I hate you so much!" Evelyn said.

"There we go again," Mason rolled his eyes.

There was a slight sound of knock on the door. Mason dropped the book. He looked at Evelyn who looked at him. Then came another knock.

Mason realized they were probably screaming and that got her dad up.

"Shit," Mason said. There was another knock.

"Evelyn!" Her dad said. Evelyn was frozen in her place. Mason wasted no time plopping down from the bed on the floor and rolling under it. At least, now he was safe.

There was a slight crack of a door opening. "What is happening?" said Evelyn's dad.

"What is happening?" Evelyn's voice was heard. It sounded angry for some reason.

"I thought, I heard you screaming." Her dad said.

"So?" She replied.

"And also a male voice." Her dad said. Under the bed, Mason shifted uncomfortably.

"Yes, you know what," Evelyn said. "Mason! Get out of there. "

What?

Mason contemplated how embarrassing it would be to roll out from under a girl's bed in front of her dad. He took a deep breathe and rolled out anyway.

The things I have to do for Evelyn.

Getting out, he stood straight and removed the pecks of dust from his shirt and pant and then looked up at Evelyn's dad. "Good morning, sir." He said keeping his voice as normal as possible.