29

You sat on the windowsill, wearing your beloved leather jacket and instead of a cigarette, a lollipop sticking out of your mouth, your fingers twirling it around as you stared at the view through the glass.

I took slow and steady footsteps towards you, your head hadn't turned in my direction until I stood directly in front of you.

I studied your face with piercing scrutiny, your ice cold glare sending a literal shiver down your spine.

Hoseok, I'm sorry for ignoring ❞ I said.

I looked at you expectantly, hoping your unreadable expression would soon turn into one of your heart melting smiles that lit up your whole face.

But your face didn't change, not one bit.

❝ Hoseok? What's wrong? ❞ I asked.

I noticed how your lower lip quivered slightly, before a smug smirk decorated your face.

❝ Don't ever speak to me again. You're trash, you don't deserve me, I absolutely despise you. You should do me a favour and go kill yourself. You're such a waste of space, just by looking at you I feel like I'm losing brain cells. ❞ you said before simply walking away, leaving me standing there, my mouth agape.

I replayed your stinging words in my head until I felt like ripping my hair out with my own two hands.

That day, I returned home with puffy, swollen eyes and a bloody knee.

I didn't even have the energy to fight my father as he laid his hands on me yet again, I wish he killed me that night.