Chapter 8

Normani's POV

"Do you want to wake them or should I" Kehlani asks while looking back at the girls.

"You stay out here with them I'm going to talk to Zendaya" I tell Kehlani while also trying to calm myself.

"Okay I got you girl" Kehlani smiles at me.

I get out of the car then walk up to the station.

"Harry is Daya here?" I turned to one of the investigators.

"Yeah she's in the back" he answers.

"Thanks" I say while walking back to her office.

I don't even take the time to knock, my anger is getting the best of me so I'm not thinking rationally.

"Normani, what are you doing here?" the woman spins around startled.

"I just found Dinah and Lauren walking down the street at 2:36 in the morning because their no good piece of shit social worker put them back in the hands of an abuser. I am taking the girls home with me tonight and that's where they will be staying until they either get a new social worker or I am given a temporary license to keep them" I state leaving no room for argument.

"Okay we will have it done by tomorrow" Zendaya looks dumbfounded.

I don't even give her time to say anything else as I storm out of the office and back out to the car.

"Thanks for staying with them K" I thank the girl.

"Welcome I'm going to head out our shift just ended"

"Okay bye Ke" I wave to her.

"Bye Mani take care of those girls" Kehlani says before getting out of the car to get in on her own.

I look back to the girls to see them cuddled up still fast asleep. I can't let anything else bad happen to these girls.

Lauren's POV

"Lauren wake up" I feel a gentle shaking.

I slowly crack open my eyes to see Normani looking at me, Normani how did we end up with her but that's when everything that happened comes rushing back to me.

"Come on let's get you inside you two look exhausted" Normani gives me a light smile.

I look to Dinah to see her still out cold, I don't even bother to wake her up. I simply unbuckle her seatbelt and carry her out of the car and into the house.

"Do you need help with carrying your sister to bed?" Normani asks.

"No uhmm but t-thank y-you for s-saving us' ' I stutter out.

"You're welcome, we will talk about it in the morning just go to sleep honey" Normani gives me a light smile.

I carried Dinah upstairs and into the guest room that we slept in the first night we stayed here. I place Dinah on the bed then climb in with her, I pull her closer to me. Tonight I close my eyes knowing that we are safe.

Normani's POV

I drove to my room exhausted, something in me told me that those girls weren't safe. Why didn't I just trust my gut feeling. Now those girls have been through even more traumatic things. Ugh I can feel my anger boiling within me, the system has failed these girls. Who knows what could have happened to those girls, I can't fathom what they have been through.

"Mani is that you" I hear Ally call to me.

"Yeah babe," I responded.

"Baby what's wrong you sound angry talk to me" I feel as Ally wraps her arms around my waist.

"I found Dinah and Lauren walking outside at 2:36 in the morning, they looked desiveld and exhausted. Lauren has a huge bruise on the right side of her face. Their social worker is apparently under investigation they were thrown into an abusive home because their social worker didn't give fuck that means he knew about the girls previous guardian and did nothing he could have saved those girls from the traumatizing things that happened to them but he didn't, now they have to live with it" I grit.

"Where are they now babe what's going to happen to them" Ally asks in a haste.

"They're in the guest room, Ally. My heart aches when I look at those girls we have to do something" I state.

"Well we don't have a fostering license or anything, maybe we can apply for one" Ally suggested.

"Well Ally I don't even know if they want to be adopted, but I was in such a rage when I went to the station that I demanded Zendaya get me a temporary license so that at least gives us time" I explain.

"Okay babe well let's talk this over with them in the morning but for now let's just go to sleep okay babe" Ally pulls me to our bed and we lay down.

"Love you Als"

"Love you too Manibear"