𝖿 𝗈 𝗎 𝗋

CHAPTER FOUR: I CRIED A BUNCH

     The boy, Ben, looked over at the group of friends with a pained expression on his face

     The boy, Ben, looked over at the group of friends with a pained expression on his face. The group of five were quick to run over to him and help him out of the water. Ginny was the one to notice the bleeding and insisted that they get to the pharmacy as quickly as possible.

As the boys and girl pedaled their bikes back into town, Eddie went into another rant. All Ginny could get from the entire thing was something about AIDS blood and amputating waists. She rolled her eyes at the overdramatic words before jumping off her bike and helping the injured boy to a sitting position.

Bill instructed Richie and Ginny to stay with Ben while him and the other two would go into the store. They ran off and Ginny rocked back and forth on her heels.

"Well glad I got to meet you before you died," Richie told the sitting boy.

Ginny rolled her eyes at her brother for being stupid while Ben gave Richie a concerned look.

"Sorry about my brother. He can be a shithead sometimes," Ginny whispered to Ben as Richie looked over his shoulder.

When Ben laughed at the comment, Richie turned back around and looked at the pair weirdly. Ginny looked back over at Ben and sighed.

"Just so you know you're not alone. I have one too."

When the injured boy looked up at her in confusion, Ginny slightly pulled the collar of her shirt down to show just below her collar bone where an "he" was now a scar.

"Victor managed to convince Bowers to stop after the 'e' which I'm grateful for. It hurt like a bitch," Ginny let out a humorless, breathy laugh.

Ben went to say something when Ginny told him not to worry about it. She told everyone she was over it and she was going to let them believe it. Well Stan knew she truly wasn't over it but he knew her better than she knew herself. She hadn't even told Mike yet and it happened months ago.

Speaking of Mike, Ginny had spotted him across the street from the entrance of the alley they were in. The girl quickly excused herself before quickly walking to the end of the alley where she waved at the boy. When he saw her, Mike smiled. He looked both ways before riding his bike across the street to where the girl was.

"Hey Mike," Ginny looked up at him.

"Hey angel. What are you doing in an alley crying?" The boy questioned as he noticed Ginny's slightly puffy cheeks.

"Long story short, we found one of Betty's shoes in the sewer and I cried a bunch. Then this kid from school had a run in with Bowers and now he has an 'H' carved into his stomach. So now we're helping him get fixed up," Ginny quickly explained as messed with her fingers.

Mike pulled her into a tight but gentle embrace, rubbing her back. After a moment that both wished would have lasted longer, Mike pulled away. He looked between the girl and his bike that had more packages in the basket before sighing.

"I have to go but make sure to call me tonight around seven thirty. I'll see you later, Gin," Mike spoke quickly, pressing a quick kiss to her temple before taking off down the street.

Ginny frowned slightly but quickly put on a smile before walking back over to her brother and Ben.

"Where'd you go?" Ben looked up at the girl as she kicked a rock.

"She saw her boyfriend," Richie smirked at the boy.

"Mike's not my boyfriend, Richard. What makes you think that?"

Richie pointed out the fact that they were always on the phone together. And then he mentioned the fact that if Ginny wasn't with him or one of the boys, she was with Mike.

"He's totally your boyfriend," Richie said as the others walked back to the group.

"W-what about Ginny's boyfriend?" Bill asks us.

"I don't have one. Richie thinks my friend, Mike, is my boyfriend," Ginny rolled her eyes before turning to stand with Stan.

Eddie and Richie began bickering like an old married couple as Eddie began to take care of Ben. Ginny and Stan shared a look like they always do when the two acted this way. It was just the two of them going back and forth while everyone else listened. 

Bill had walked away from his friends to the entrance of the alley where he saw Beverly Marsh. The two began conversing as they stood there together. Ginny looked over her shoulder at the two and smiled at them. Eventually the two walked down the alley to where the group was. 

"You have to suck the wound before you apply the bandage. This is 101!" Richie told Eddie causing the smaller of the two to get more annoyed. 

"Richie shut the fuck up. Spaghetti is right. You have zero knowledge," Ginny teased as she leaned against Stan. 

Ben began pulling down his shirt when he noticed the redheaded girl walking their way. She looked at him in concern asking about his injuries. Ben gave a nonchalant answer saying he was fine and just took a fall. Richie decided to speak up at that moment. 

"Yeah right into Henry Bowers." 

Ginny gave her brother a death glare muttering for him to shut the fuck up. Bill also told the Tozier boy to be quiet causing him to roll his eyes saying it was the truth. 

"Not now Richie," Ginny muttered as she gave him a sign to cut it out. 

"You sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" Beverly winked at Ben who turned a light shade of pink. 

"You know w-w-we'll take care of him. Thanks again, Beverly," Bill added on quickly. 

Beverly said she'd see them around before beginning to make her way back to the street. She was stopped by Ginny who was about to invite her to the quarry with the group. However she was cut off by Bill. He quickly invited her instead with a smile. 

"Good to know. Thanks," Bev smiled as she waved and walked away. 

"Bye Bev!" Ginny called down the alley. 

"Bye Gin!"

After the redheaded girl was out of sight from the group, the boys began talking. Stan and Eddie both began scolding Richie for bringing up the topic of Henry Bowers in front of Beverly. Ginny rolled her eyes at the boys in annoyance. 

"What'd she do?" Ben turned to Ginny.

"More like who'd she do? From what I hear the list is longer than my wang," Richie laughed and grabbed his crotch for effect. 

"That's not saying much," Stan said as he shared a look with Ginny. 

"It means it's nonexistent. Plus she didn't do anything. You shouldn't believe everything Gretta fucking Keene says," Ginny told the boys around her. 

Bill agreed with her adding that they were just rumors. You can't believe every rumor you hear. Richie turned to Ben and explained that Bill and Beverly had kissed in the third grade school play. 

"The reviews said you can't fake that sort of passion!" 

"They were like eight," Ginny reminded her brother with another eye roll.

She seemed to be doing that a lot around her brother and friends. 

Richie quickly turned their attention back to the problem at hand. Ben's injuries. Eddie sighed annoyed with the voice Richie was using, telling Richie to shut up as he turned back to Ben. 

"Suck the wound! Get in there!" Richie said again.

City Fool [Mike Hanlon]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara