𝗍 𝗐 𝗈

CHAPTER TWO: IT WASN'T A DATE

     After being back home for about an hour, the phone in the Tozier's kitchen began to ring

     After being back home for about an hour, the phone in the Tozier's kitchen began to ring. Ginny eyes looked up from the journal she had been writing in for the past thirty minutes. She quickly shut her journal and scrambled to answer the ringing phone. Once she stood in front of it, she took a moment to catch her breath and compose herself before picking up the phone. She gave a soft "hello" in greeting to whoever was on the other line as if she wasn't waiting for them to call.

"Hey I have to head into town for a delivery today and I was wondering if you would want to go with me," Mike Hanlon's voice spoke from the other side of the phone causing the girl to smile.

"Sure. Meet you at the usual?" Ginny bit the inside of her lip gently.

"Yeah. See you in twenty," Mike said, his voice making Ginny's smile grow wider.

"See you in twenty," the girl said before hanging up the phone.

Running up the stairs, Ginny made her way to her room to put on her worn out tennis shoes. She made sure to tighten the laces before retying them and making her way to her vanity. She grabbed the ten dollar bill that sat under her jewelry box and slipped it into the back pocket of her jeans. Quickly looking in the mirror, Ginny smiled to herself before running back down the stairs.

She was about to head to the kitchen to leave a note for her brother when she spotted him at the front door. He seemed to be waiting for her with his arms folded and a smirk on his face.

"Where are you off to Miss?" He said, leaning against the door.

"To hang out with a friend. Now can I go? I'm running late," Ginny pleaded.

"Which friend? Do I know them?" Richie asked, his smirk widening.

"His name is Mike and no, because he's homeschooled. Now can I please go?" She replied, glaring.

"Fine. Hurry back. Tonight we're getting pizza," Richie said, opening the door for his sister.

Ginny rushed out of the door and over to her bike before picking it up off the ground. She hopped on and began making her way to Neibolt Street where the pair met the majority of the time. However they met at the opposite of the street where a creepy, abandoned house was located. Everyone Ginny knew stayed as far away from said house as possible. It was as if their lives depended on it.

When Ginny spotted Mike as she got closer to him, she smiled. The moment she was within five feet of the boy, she stopped her bike and put down the kickstand. She got off her bike and was pulled into a hug by Mike.

"Hey pretty girl," Mike said as she hugged him back.

"Are you ready? Richie's getting pizza tonight and if I'm not home within an hour and a half, I won't get any," Ginny chuckled, setting her hand on the handlebars of her bike.