Chapter 21: I am Deviant

"I did it..." Connor took a deep breath. "I'm a deviant."

...

Suddenly, loud noises started coming from outside. Of what sounded like helicopters and other vehicles.

"They're going to attack Jericho! We have to get out of here!" Connor informed as he grabbed Chloe's hand tight.

Running down to the lower deck, they saw soldiers jumping down at the freighter. Loud noises and bright lights everywhere, making Chloe's headache even worse.

When they finally got down, they were met with North.

"They're coming from all sides!" She yelled. "Our people are trapped in the hold, they're gonna be slaughtered!"

Markus closed his eyes for a brief moment. "We have to blow up Jericho... If the ship goes down, the humans will have to evacuate. Our people can escape!"

"You'll never make it!" North argued. "There are explosives all the way down in the hold, there are soldiers everywhere!"

"She's right." Connor told. "They know who you are, they'll do anything to get you!"

"Go and help the others. I'll join you later." Markus promised.

"Markus-" North protested.

"I won't be long!" Markus said before he ran away from the group, leaving Connor, Chloe and North alone. But North sprinted away too.

"North! Where are you going?" Connor yelled after her.

"I'm gonna save our people that still can be saved. Don't worry, I'll catch up with you later." North replied before she turned around when she got reminded of something. "Oh, and protect Chloe. She's a special human and one of the only ones who accept our kind. Humans are fragile machines. Keep her safe."

"Good luck, North... and I will." Connor replied, showing a faint smile.

Connor gripped tighter onto Chloe's hand as they started running to find a place to hide until Markus and North comes back.

"Let's go to the upstairs, we should be safe and when North and Markus comes back we jump down into the water and escape." Connor announced as they ran up the stairs.

"T-the water? It's freezing cold!" Chloe shivered as the thought of the cold water consumed her. "Connor, I can't do that..."

"It's the only way!" Connor argued as they got to the ledge. "Let's wait, there's nobody up here right now, we should be safe."

Connor sighed as he saw Chloe staring down into the water. He took off his beanie, exposing his LED which was flashing yellow, he put the beanie on her before he took off his jacket. "Connor, no, it's okay." Chloe gently smiled as she marveled at his kindness.

"You need them, I know this will make you heavier and make you sink more easily, but I can carry you." Connor smiled as he pulled up the zipper on her. "It's gonna be okay, I promise."

Connor grabbed Chloe's cold hands for a while before Connor let go of them and wrapped his arms around her waist. Chloe smirked as she did the same.

Sounds of gunshots ringing out on the freighter, people yelling and running for their lives, yet - it feels like Connor and Chloe are the only to exist.

Chloe began thinking about everything that has happened since she met Connor. Not only the chemistry between them but all the deviancy stuff going on. She never really cared, androids weren't a big part of her life and Connor was the only android she really knew. Of course, she'd see androids on the streets and at work, but she always saw them as random people. All the protests and evacuating going on, she didn't really care, since she felt that Connor was all she needed. And he finally deviated, but he was scared to do it, he knew if he did they'd destroy him - but it worked out in the end. And Chloe had always suspected deviancy in him before he deviated, so even when he was an obedient machine - he was still like a deviant - but now, he can feel real emotions.