Chapter 14: Kamski

"Elijah will see you now." The female android says as she holds the door open for Connor and Chloe.

Chloe walks in first and Connor tight behind, he glances over at the android as she closes the black, modern looking door.

"Mr Kamski?" Chloe calls out.

"Just a moment, please." Elijah responds as he gets up out of the pool, filled with red water.

The android goes into a room closeby, few seconds later she leaves that room with a black bath robe. She puts it on Elijah then she stands next to him, completely still, staring into the wall behind Connor and Chloe.

"I'm police officer Chloe Meadow, this is Connor." She points at Connor, as he stands completely robotically still.

"What can I do for you, Chloe?" Elijah replies.

"We're investigating deviants, I know you left Cyberlife years ago but I was hoping you'd tell us something we don't know."

"Deviants, fascinating, aren't they? Perfect beings with infite intelligence, and now they have free will." Elijah glances over at the android. "Machines are so superior to us, confrontation was inevitable. Humanity's greatest achievement threatens to be its downfall." He chuckles. "Isn't it ironic?"

"We need to understand how androids become deviants. Do you know anything that could help us?" Connor asks.

"All ideas are viruses that spread like epidemics. Is the desire to be free, a contagious disease?" Elijah says in response.

"Listen, we didn't come here to talk philosophy. The machines you created may be planning a revolution. Either you tell us something that'll be helpful, or we will be on our way." Chloe argued.

Elijah sighs.

"What about you Connor?"

Connor raises his eyebrows.

"Whose side are you on?"

"I have no side. I was designed to stop deviants and that's what I intend to do."

Elijah gives out a small laughter as he quickly looks down at the floor, then up at Connor again.

"Well, that's what you're programmed to say... But you... What do you really want?"

"What I want..." Connor focuses his eyes on Elijah. "...is not important."

Elijah looks over at the female android.

She walks up next to him.

"I'm sure you're familiar with the turing test, simple question of algorithms and computing campacity." He says as he positions Chloe in front of Connor.

Elijah inhales.

"What interests me, is whether machines are capable of empathy."

He glances at Chloe. "I call it the "Kamski test", it's very simple you'll see..." He looks back at the female android.

"Magnificent, isn't it? One of the first intelligent models developed by Cyberlife." He gently grabs the android by the chin and she turns her head, facing him.

"Young, and beautiful forever... A flower that will never wither." He lets her go and she faces Connor again.

"But what is it really? Piece of plastic imitating a human?" He walks towards a drawer. "Or a living being..." He opens it, takes something out, out of Connors and Chloes sight. Chloe leans to her right to try and see. "...With a soul." He shows the gun, puts his hand on the androids shoulder. She kneels down, Elijah hands Connor the gun pointing it to the androids head. "It's up to you to answer that fascinating question, Connor... Destroy this machine, and I'll tell you all I know... Or spare it, if you feel it's alive... But you'll leave here without having learnt anything from me..."

"Okay, I think we're done here." Chloe suddenly speaks. "Come on, Connor, let's go. Sorry to get you out of your pool-"

"What's more important to you, Connor?" Elijah interrupts. "Your investigation, or the life of this android? Decide who you are..." He walks to Connors left. "An obedient machine... Or a living being, endowed, with free will..."

"That's enough! Connor, we're leaving."

"Pull the trigger..." Elijah orders Connor.

"Connor! Don't!"

"...and I'll tell you what you wanna know."

Connor sighs as he hands the gun back to Elijah.

"Fascinating... Cyberlife's last chance to save humanity... is itself a deviant..."

a/n is connor a deviant yet