Mission

(Raphael's p.o.v.)
It took me a while to understand the point of her mission and to believe her. But now, I feel bad for accusing her of cheating on me. I trusted her and I wanted to help her on her mission. Even if it meant helping her get pregnant with the newtralizer's child. I still couldn't understand why they put that much pressure on her. I still admired her for doing everything she could for her planet and her people. She was so brave and so strong taking on such a difficult job.
"Raphael, I need you to help me with something." She said as she layed down on the floor. "You don't want me to help you give birth do you? Because I've never done that before... and I don't wanna mess anything up..." I started to say. "It's okay Raphael. I've done this over 30 times in the past five years and I know what I'm doing. All I need you to do is help the baby out. Quite literally." She said with a laugh. "Okay. I'll see what I can do." I said. I watched as she pushed and had no emotion on her face. It's almost like she's been doing it for... well... okay, she has been doing it for years, but I was impressed because, well I've never been through it, But I would imagine that child birth is painful. I held the baby and rocked her so that she would stop crying. I felt very happy holding a baby, especially when she wrapped her little hand around my finger. It filled me with warmth. Mona sat up and cleaned herself off. She stood up and got dressed. "Well, come on. Let's go find the newtralizer." She said. "But what about her." I said as I looked down at the baby in the arms. "She'll just have to come along I guess." Mona said. "What!? But I can't take care of a baby! I don't know how!" I said panicking. "But you raised two baby turtles. One was an alien. I think you can do this." She said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. "Plus, I'll help you." She said as she helped me up.
We roamed around the rooftops and I struggled to keep up with Mona because of the baby in my arms. "Hey Mona, I just realized, the Newtralizer isn't on Earth anymore. He left with Lord Dregg, right?" I asked her. "No, he's here. The Salamandrian radar picked up his signal on Earth." She said. She stopped running and struggled to catch her breath. "Mona, are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah... just... a little tired..." she as she gasped for air in between each word. I helped her sit down. "Maybe you should take a break?" I said. "My child..." she started to say. I handed her the sleeping baby and she started to cry. "I'll never get to see her again... I never get to see any of my children again... they are sent to be trained as soon as they are born..." she says. "Mona... maybe you shouldn't find the Newtralizer..." I suggested. "No! I have to! It's my mission!" She said. "Mona, you need to rest. You aren't well." I said as I heard a ship landing on the building behind us. "Oh no! It's the King! He's come to tell me that I failed my mission!" She said franticly as she started to get up. The king walked out and Mona bowed before him. "What gender is this child?" He asks. "Female, your majesty." She says. "Have you found the newtralizer yet?" He asked strictly. "No, your highness. I'm sorry. I'm still searching for him." She said as the King made his way closer to her. He snatched the child out of her arms. She gasped. "You have done enough. Therefore, you are no longer of use to me." He said as he boarded his ship again. "But wait! What about me!" She asked as she fell to her feet. "You can stay on this pathetic planet and let the gravity kill you like you should've done years ago." I stood behind her and gave him an angry look. "She's done so much for you and you're just going to speak to her like that?!" I yelled. "Whatever. So long, Y'gythba." He said as his ship flew off into the sky. Mona reached her hand up weakly and fell backwards into my arms. She mumbling a few things under her breath. "I... the newtralizer... my mission..." I held her close and tried to keep her warm. "Mona... he was using you. All your hard work was for nothing, but you're safe now. I'll take care of you and love you just like I did before." She closed her eyes and rested her head on my plastron. I carried her back to the lair and set her in my bed. Donnie made her some kind of medicine to help her recover. "She overworked her body way too much by never having a break between her pregnancies." He said.
        "I still don't understand why you did that Mona." I said as i looked at her sleeping form. "Couldn't you tell they were taking advantage of you?" I held her hand and moved closer to her. "I would never do that to you." I brought my face down to hers. She opened her eyes and let her lips meet mine for the first time in years. Her lips were still soft and sweet, just as before. I moaned. I pulled out of our kiss and stared into her eyes. "Y'gythba." I said as I held her hand. "I love you."