Earth

(Mona Lisa's  p.o.v.)
It had been a few days since I had decided to remain on Earth with Raphael. Of course I am happy with him and I have learned so much about my new home planet. But not quite enough. This planet is very beautiful, especially at night. Raphael says I shouldn't be out of the sewers during the day because a human might see me. I don't understand why humans would be afraid of the Turtles or myself. The Turtles have saved Earth countless times, and I plan on doing the same thing. It is my home now after all. As I walk on the rooftops of New York City, I admire the moving vehicles and thousands of humans walking to and from places. There are several spots sticking out of the grey cement where green life forms called trees, are standing tall with pride. I notice all the lights of cars and buildings and streetlights. I walk over to the other side of the building where there is a huge ocean that I gaze out over. It's beautiful. The deep blue color ripples as numerous fish jump out of the water and where the horizon meets, the beautiful sky is sparkling with stars. Countless galaxies and star systems glimmer in the black abyss of night. The Earth's one and only Moon was at its fullest as well. Very bright and full of warmth. I quite enjoy Earth. It is very wonderful. As I gaze out into the universe above me, I start thinking about Raphael. How he begged me to stay on this planet with him, how excited he was when I agreed to stay, how overjoyed he was when we celebrated our victory together. I stare out into the stars and they remind me of his eyes. Those breathtakingly, stunning, beautiful green eyes. I heard that only 2% of Earth's population has green eyes. That must make my Raphael very special and unique. I miss him. I've only been out exploring Earth for an hour and I already miss him. He had offered to come with me, but I told him that I would like to see Earth's wonders for myself. Maybe it's time for me to head back home. I sprinted across the rooftops and admired the beautiful city one last time before jumping down and pulling off a manhole cover, jumping in, and sliding the cover back. I ran through the sewers and remembered my way back to the lair. When I got there, I saw Michaelangelo asleep on the couch with the remote control in his hand. The television was on a cartoon station, but since he was asleep, I decided to turn it off to save power and electricity. I snuck into Raphael's room and saw him sleeping on the floor. I couldn't help but smile because he left his bed so that I could sleep in it. I saw Chompy asleep on his nightstand. I went over to Raphael and squatted down so that I could see his face. He was snoring slightly. I blushed and smiled. As I rubbed his arm, I noticed that he was freezing. He shivered. I refused to leave him sleep on the cold, damp, dirty floor. He deserved way better than that. I lifted his sleeping body and gently set him down on his bed. I pulled the blanket over his cold shell and lied down next to him. I got under the covers as well. I wrapped my warm arms and tail around his shivering form. I rubbed his head until I drifted off to sleep.
         The next morning when I woke up, I noticed that Raphael was not in bed. He must have woken up before me. I got up and walked out into the kitchen. I smelled something. I sat down next to Raphael and I noticed that he was eating something. I didn't know what it was. I didn't have to ask though because Michaelangelo soon swooped over to me and slammed down a plate in front of me. "Well, eat up!" He said. "What is this?" I said as the whole room went quiet. Everyone stared at me. "You've never tried pizza?!" Michaelangelo yelled. "What's pizza?" I asked still confused. "You know? Dough, sauce, cheese, pepperoni?" He said sounding quite offended. "Oh... I'm sorry but... I can't digest any of that." I said. "Oh I'm sorry, Mona. I didn't realize..." Raphael said feeling bad. "It's alright Raphael. I'll be fine." I said. "Yeah, the average salamander's diet consists of-" Donatello started to say as I cut him off with "oh! Um! That's ok Donatello! I'll be just fine! You don't need to tell everyone!" I said sounding embarrassed. "Come on Mona. I have just what you need in my lab!" Donatello said. I followed him into his lab and he gave me a container of buffalo worms, fruit flies, and my favorite- crickets! "Thank you Donatello. Please do not tell Raphael. I don't want him to be disgusted and disturbed." I begged. "Okay Mona, but you shouldn't keep something like this from him. He's bound to find out eventually." Donatello said.
           I headed out to the surface. Raphael warned me, but I wanted to see the City during daytime. Plus, I needed a place to dine on my crickets without Raphael seeing. I was not disappointed. The warm sun hugged the dark Earth and the fluffy clouds filled the baby blue sky. Birds chirped and bees buzzed. The ocean was a lot more intense and millions of waves tickled its surface. "Beautiful." I said out loud as I ate a cricket. The city was a lot louder during the day. Cars beeped their obnoxious horns and people yelled at each other more than Raphael yells at Michaelangelo. That reminded me, Raphael! I must head back to the lair.