School of Dreams Chapter 24

Start from the beginning

"Jack what are you doing here?" I asked, trying to keep the alarm out of my voice.

"I came to rescue you."

"Rescue me from who?"

"From the evil tyrants who run this dungeon."

"Uhh, thanks, but I kinda like these evil tyrants and their dungeons, so I think I'll stick around."

"No. I have to rescue you." He stated matter of factly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I'm in love with you, and if I don't rescue you we can't live happily ever after like we're supposed to and have lots of babies to play with."

WHOA. Ok. Deep breaths, Amythyst, I told myself. I tried to snatch the cord for the burse, but he grabbed my hand just before my fingers touched the cord.

"Now why would you do that? All I want is to make you happy."

"Then please leave Jack. I'm sorry but I don't love you." I said it as kindly as I could, but he didn't take it well.

"NO!" he roared. "You have to love me! That's you job!" he looked panicky for a moment. His eyes raced around the room, searching for something. He was still holding my hand, way to tightly.

"Jack, please! You're hurting me!"

"Say you love me!"

"No! Get away from me!"

"No! If I can't have you, than neither can anyone else!"

I saw his other hand grab the porcelain lamp behind me. He raised it above his head, and said "This is for your own good, my love."

I tried to scream, to yell for help, anything. But there was no time.

I felt the porcelain shatter on my head, and then everything went black.

***Peter's POV***

I pulled into the driveway of my house.

I race up the front steps taking them three at a time. Through the front door, up to the second floor, to the east wing, down the first hallway, and into the first suite.

My parents were sitting in the chairs, talking with the doctors. Maggy was asleep in her bed. I walked over to her, moving her hair out of her face, and tucking it behind her ear. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and turned to see my father beconning me to come talk with him over with the others.

I sat down and asked what happened.

"We heard a yell and a thud, and came running. We found her on the floor, with a broken arm. She was trying to dance again." My mom sobbed. I rested my head in my hands.

"Will she be ok?" I said through gritted teeth. My face was being beaten to a pulp by the icy cold hand, smacking at me constantly.

"Yes, she will." The doctor said. "It's just like any other broken bone. It's been broken before, so it will take a bit longer to heal, but she should be fine.

I sighed with relief, putting my arm around my mom's shoulders and hugging her.

I talked with them a bit longer, then left and went to my room. It was a large suite, much like Maggy's. It was painted a dark red, with yellow and gold trimming and stuff like that.

I flopped down on my huge bed, enjoying it's comfort. I pulled out my cell to call Amythyst and let her know what had happened.

No answer. That's odd, she always keeps in on her in case she needs help. I got up and went to the kitchen for a snack before I left.