School of Dreams Chapter 13

"Um," I cleared my throat. "Are you the doctor? Or a tech?"

He didn't answer, he just kept starring at me. It was creeping me out big time!

After a strait minute of him starring and my heart racing ( I wasn't getting a good vibe from this guy at all!) he finally spoke.

"You're pretty."

"Uh, thanks, I guess? Are you here for any specific reason?"

"You're pretty."

"Um, like I said, thanks, but that's not really a reason...."

"Yes it is. You're pretty, so I'm here." He took two more steps closer to me, making him about 3 feet away.

Peter better get back soon!

**KNOCK**KNOCK**

Oh thank god!!

"Yes?" I hollered.

"Girlie, can I come in?"

"Danger! Come in!!"

She opened the door and came in.

"Hey, you ok? You sounded.....funny...." She had just seen the man standing there, unmoving.

"Um, hello? Who are you?"

"She's pretty."

"Yeah, well, her boyfriend certainly thinks so, now who are ya, bub?"

His head snapped around so fast If I'd blinked I would have missed it. He starred at her.

"You're pretty too. But she's prettiest."

"Ok, now you're just weirding me out dude! Who the hell are you?!"

"Jack."

"Ok, well, Jack, you gotta go now. She's tired."

"NO!" He roared. Danger jumped back in surprise, and I tensed all over, causing pain to go shooting through me.

"NOT GOING ANYWEHRE WITHOUT PRETTY LADY!!!!" He screamed.

"O-okay, dude, chill o-out, tell you what-why don't I go? Huh? How bout that?" she winked at me and ran out.

"Pretty lady." Jack said again, taking another step closer.

The door flew open, and a team of doctors and nurses cam flying in.

"Ok Jack, time to go back to your room, mister. You know you're not allowed outside the psyche wing..." The nurse talking gave him a shot in his arm and his went limp, and they helped him onto a stretcher. He went out of the room mumbling "Must fin pretty lady....mine..mine...."

A doctor stayed behind to explain that Jack had gotten out of the psyche ward on the other side of the hospital, and that he was harmless, just un nerving.

Danger and I sat there in silence after her left, to shocked to say anything yet. I was scared. I mean what if that guy had been a serial killer or something? I know it's highly unlikely, but hey it's possible, right?

Peter came back a few minutes later with 3 orange sodas. He walked in and saw out faces, and asked what happened. We told him, and he said "He'd better not try to find you again..." And that was the end of that.

I was exhausted so they let me take a nap while they played the new super Mario galaxy on the wii.

{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}

When I awoke, I smelled something incredibly delicious.

"Hey guys, what ya making?" I asked.

"Shrimp pad thai! Are you ok sweetie? We came right over. I'm so sorry we had our cells off for the movie. God what were we thinking!!" I heard my mom say from across the room.

"It's ok mom, I'm ok...for now. But I'm already starting to get sick of this position. I want to get up and move!!" I said.

"Well, I can go ask the nurses for some crutches?" D offered.

"PLEASE!!" I said.

She ran off. Then I noticed someone missing.

"Where's Peter? And Dad?"

"Oh, they went to get a few more things for dinner and desert. They'll be back soon." She smiled.

I watched tv until everyone came back. We had a fantastic of shrimp pad thai and curry raisin rice, with ice cream for desert.

After dinner, D took me into the bath room with my mom and they helped me dress. I learned how to use the crutches.

They hurt!

But I was able to get up and move a bit, so that helped. I wanted to stretch my back, but they told me not to since I had surgery there. That was a major D'oh! Moment. But I got the hang of it.

I went online and checked my facebook, and was surprised to see al the supportive posts on my wall! That made me happy J

Danger had to go home for the night to be with her mom. She didn't seem to happy to be going, though. Hmm weird.

Peter stayed super late, playing skipbo and phase ten and Mexican dominoes with us until 1am, then he said he did have to leave. He said goodnight to my parents, then gave me a quick hug.

My mom helped me into some pj's and I watched Harry Potter until I fell asleep.