1

Hey lovelies,

Thanks for reading this book! Whole book in Evelyn's POV.

"What if he will take our princess away?" My dad asks, his voice full of worry

"Adrian you knew this day will come. We both know she will eventually grow up and go with her mate. She is 20 years old." Mom tries explaining situation to my dad.

"I know Nia baby, but I don't want her to go." Dad whines.

Oh right you probably wonder what am I doing. My mom and dad, Luna and Alpha of this pack are locked in their office and I am eavesdropping. Not the best traid being their daughter and all but I need to know what is happening. Dad got some letter this morning and now they are talking for an hour already. And I know it's about me.

Mom also explained me everything about mates and I know mine is a vampire. I read about those. But why is dad whining like that is beyond me. He is strong Alpha, who is about to retire.

My brother Kai will take over the pack soon. He just needs to be 21. Which will happen soon. He isn't much older than me. Mom and dad had me quickly after him.

He found his mate already in one of moms friends family. She was adopted and her name is Annalissa. She is the sweetest girl and everyone in the pack loves her.

"Why are you eavesdropping again Lyn?" My brother Kai startles me.

"Sssh! Don't let them hear you!" I whisper yell, grab his hand and drag him to living room.

"So what were you doing there tiny?" I groan when he calls me by that name. I am not tiny. Yes I was when I was little but I have muscles, I am one of the best fighters. And I am 5,4 feet tall. I glare at him.

"Don't call me that. And you exactly know. I was just wondering about the letter from this morning. But because I am the youngest in this family I never know nothing." It's true, they all think they need to protect me. I can fight great!

"Evelyn come to my office please." I hear my dad's voice. "Now you got me in trouble I hiss at my 6,3 foot tall bulky brother. We actually look so alike because I am mountain nymph. The only difference is I have black hair and his are brown, like dads. My mom on other hand is complete opposite with blonde hair and blue eyes. In my eyes she is an epitome of beauty.

"Coming!" I yell. "Thanks a lot bro." I hiss under my breath. I know he heard it -werewolf hearing and all.

On my way out I took a look in the mirror on the hallway. My mom always tells me to look graceful and even tho I fight I love all the dresses I have. I am wearing a white dress and a flower crown, both complementing my skin greatly.

 I am wearing a white dress and a flower crown, both complementing my skin greatly

When I see my mom would thought I am decent enough I go in.

"Mom. Dad." I smile and they immediately return it back. They are the best parents anyone could ever want.

"Tomorrow there will come Vampire King and his only son. His son in looking for a mate. We are expected to greet them both nicely and let him see all the unmated ones in our pack. You and your brother will have to be present." Dad says. His voice isn't stern like when he is talking to others or even Kai. No. He always talks to me with a soft voice and if I do something wrong it's my mom who scolds me.

"He could be your mate Evelyn. It's not necessarily, it could be one of the wolves but you are in time to find your mate too." Mom adds. "I will let you prepare yourself for the event okay?"

"Thanks mom."

"I will go to see how Ava is, Adrian." She kisses dad softly and goes out. I must say my mate will have a hard task. My expectations for a mate are high, because of my parents. And the people that surround me. I even look to relationships of Ava and Mason which are like aunt and uncle to me, Betas of this pack; Dimitri and Brandon; Kennedy and James, they are not mates but their love is genuine; Lucy and Andre; grandma and grandpa.

The only people I don't get along with are my true uncle and his mate. They aren't even living here anymore. We just lost contact and I am grateful for that.

"I know you have been eavesdropping." Dad says. Damn it! He caught me again.

"It's not fair, you have a werewolf hearing." I remark.

"It maybe be true, but princess you live in a world of werewolves and vampires, both having improved hearing. Maybe next time you will be more quiet. Slow your breathing down and walk like you are as light as a feather." He lectures me. The only way I got to train is that I promised my dad he and Kai are the only teachers I will have.

"Your mom mindlinked me asking me to come to your room." Dad says, I hug him bye and go.

One disability for being a nymph -I don't have mindlink. Apparently I will have one with my mate and that is it.

"Evelyn honey, let's look at what will you wear. I think you are beautiful in whatever but this royalty has some so called standars." Mom takes my hand and we look at my closet.

"Are you excited honey?"

"I am. But I am nervous too. You and dad have some great relationship and I don't want to be disappointed. What if he doesn't want me? Would rejection hurt?" I wonder out loud, letting my mom know what worries me. I always tell her everything so this is our usual routine.

"Oh honey. He will want you. Who wouldn't want you? I even noticed some wolves pinning after you. But you have to know every relationship is different. It has its own ups and downs. Me and your dad had quite a few of those but that just made us stroger." Mom explains, settling down my worries a bit. She continues to look through my closet when she squeels in happiness.

"This one is perfect. You will look like a queen in it."

First chapter

First chapter... how do you like it?