25

Today my mother practically threw me out of her house, kidnaped my kid and said: "If you want this little munchkin back, I better not see you before the pack picnic

Today my mother practically threw me out of her house, kidnaped my kid and said: "If you want this little munchkin back, I better not see you before the pack picnic." With that she shut the front door in my face and left me standing there shocked. Pack picnic its not till evening so I was left with the whole day to spend. Last night I also again told Brianna she is here to have fun, not for work, so she also is having a day off, exploring around.

So fast forward 30 minutes and I am standing in front of my brothers house. I lightly knock on the door and wait for someone to come open them, thanks to werewolf hearing that doesnt take long. My brothers reaction is the same as my dads was. Kai embraces me in a tight hug and actually twirls me around. "Shorty! What are you doing here? Where is my niece?"

"Hey to you too bro. Sera is with mom, she literally kidnapped her and forced me out of the house." I chuckle, while we step inside the house. Where is my nephew?

"I hate to say but mom and dad teamed up on us and stole our children. Annalissa is at work so its just you and me Shorty, like in the old days." Kai laughs. It will be nice to spend some time with just him. We take a seat on the couch and start talking about literally everything.

He tells me about his Alpha celebration for when he took over the pack, how everything is, how Anna and him are, things he changed in this pack, things that he still needs to change. And I tell him how it is in the vampire community, how being a queen is, about Sera, also about what happened last night with James and Brianna, and how Gregori and I are. I also tell him about the attack and of course he gets angry, not as angry when I tell him the real reason why I am here and about my infertility.

"Oh Evelyn, I know you are both stressed and Gregori didnt have a right to say stuff like that to you. But we both know he loves you and his daughter, I also know you are as stubborn as dad. I am not justifying his actions, but I know how it is to be stressed. And with everything you just told me that man is beyond stressed." Kais gentle yet scolding voice makes me feel guilty. I know none of us were reasonable at that point.

But I guess Kai isnt done yet as he continues. "Remember that one time when dad was trying to push mom away, because he thought he was protecting her? I think Gregori is doing the same. Also keep in mind he is also scared, just as you are. Think about it, where would you go if you were incredibly angry? Obviously here, where you are indirectly guarded by 2000 werewolves. While he is there alone, not worrying as much for your and Serafinas safety, doing probably everything he can to solve this situation. And I assure you he is still -if not even more stressed, than he was before." And now that he is done, everything is as clear as the day. I see how at fault I was. My mind was so blind with anger, I didnt see my mistake, I couldnt see clearly.

He is low on my blood and he is all alone, with no one to support him there. I am not there to reassure him or hold him. I am not there to help with the weight that is pulling on his shoulders. And we made a promise we will always be there for each other.

"But what do I do know? If he has a plan I dont want to ruin it. At the same time I want to make things right between us. What do I do Kai?" My brother was always a good listener, but he is even better at giving advice. I truly couldnt wish for a better brother.

"Wait for a few days, let go of that stubbornness completely, then send a letter through someone you trust with your life. Tell him about everything and apologize." Kai saw I was deep in thoughts so he left me alone. After some time of just sitting alone, I bid my goodbye and go towards my moms personal waterfall. As a nymph I am allowed to go there, its also the best thinking place in this whole pack. My dad also made sure no one else is allowed to go here, since my mom still likes to pay her respect to Tefnut - water and fertility Goddess.

When I arrive, I see its still as beautiful as I remember. Sitting on the edge I dip my legs in the water and shiver from the chilliness of it. Lost in my thoughts, I dont notice a figure standing next to the waterfall. And when I finally do, I almost jump up.

"Excuse me who are you?" I ask the lady. Her hair is silver and her eyes piercing blue. Her gown is made of flowers and there is this bright aura around her.

"I am Tefnut. I came here to see you. I know what happened and I also know about your condition. Your mother made a huge sacrifice and I wanted to reward her, but she declined saying she has everything she needs, which was Adrian, Kai and you." All I did was stay quiet, too scared to say anything. I didnt want her to disappear. I felt safe and relaxed after a long time.

"Your mother also said that she would give her blessing to one of her kids, if they will ever need it. And I granted her that wish. Your mom didn't even want to hear what I wanted to give her at the time. But now I see I can give this gift to you, if you want it." She explains with her soft voice. I cant believe I am this lucky to meet two Goddesses in my life, let alone that my mom left me or Kai a gift.

"What is it?" I ask in a small childlike voice.

"Its a gift of fertility." I stare at her, not able to believe it. I could give Gregory more kids. As many as he would want. Is this a dream.

"I dont want to sound selfish, but I desire this blessing with every bit of me." Tefnut lifts her right hand and a blinding light comes out of it. I close my eyes, not being able to look at her. When light and warmth is gone I open my eyes and see, she is gone. I pray this wasnt just a dream.

 I pray this wasnt just a dream