"Can't you heal it? Last time you were injured, it healed super quick."

"Yeah, I mean, that was from using the light." I said. "But, now that I've got six of the other elements inside me, the darkness and the light are becoming weaker. They are at their strongest when there are no other elements around to push it out. I managed to heal a few of the bruises, but this cut on my head seemed to prove too difficult for it." I chuckled a little.

"So what are you gonna do now?" Jake asked, after a moment of silence.

I shrugged. "I have no idea. Ronan suggested trying to elongate the time to manifest metal, but I don't think Haydn will allow it. He's more powerful than ever, and I don't think I can stop him from getting what he wants."

"Well, if you keep thinking like that then you stand no chance." Jake said firmly.

"I really can't see any way around it, Jake."

Jake pursed his lips together. "I hate that I can't help you." He said.

I smiled. "You're helping me offload."

"Well, I'm glad I could be of assistance." He grinned.

My eyes widened in realisation. "Oh, shit." I said, standing up from my chair.

"What?" Jake asked, concerned.

"I'm supposed to be in a lecture!"

Jake laughed. "Are you seriously fretting about missing a lecture? I've missed like half of mine."

"But it's with Peter! I swear if I miss one of his lectures it's like I missed the whole semester." I quickly grabbed my bag, before making my way to the lecture theatre.

I spotted Kate and the other sitting around the middle, and so tried to sneak down without drawing too much attention. Peter, who was talking at the front, saw me come in and frowned, but didn't stop speaking. I silently sat next to Kate.

"I was just gonna text you." She whispered as I took out my notepad and pen. "Where have you been?"

I realised the cut on my head was on the side of my face away from her, so I turned to let her see and pointed.

She gasped silently. "Holy shit, girl. How did that happen?" She whispered.

I pursed my lips. "Fell over, hit my head."

"When?" She asked.

"Yesterday. But I didn't feel too good this morning." I hated lying, but what else could I say? I wondered when the last time I'd actually told Kate the truth was. It certainly wasn't recently.

"Fair enough." Kate said. "You have a habit of hurting yourself."

I laughed, but it was all too true. I'd been in more dangerous situations this year than anyone else would have been in several life times. I'd been close to death on so many occasions, people would probably be starting to wonder whether I actually wanted to die. It hit me then just how much I didn't want to die, and yet any day now I was about to be thrown into a situation that I might not get out of alive. The truth and reality hit then, and I could feel my heart thrumming in my ears, loud and clear. I hadn't even got a choice to do this. My whole life was being put on the line, and for what? Some power hungry psycho-maniac?

Damn, I thought.

Why did it have to be me?

"Millie?" I heard my voice, and was snapped out of my head. I looked up to see Kate standing there, all packed away and ready to go. "You coming?" She asked.