Chapter 24

Emma's POV: 

"So I didn't get it?" I say. Shit.

"Oh no darling. No, you have it. congratulations! But there was an other person who came by yesterday. But you don't have to worry, you are way better than her." 

I sigh, what a relieve. She gave me a mini heart attack or something like that. Really, but I have the job! This was pretty easy and I think I will like the job. I will start tomorrow so we have to find a job for Harry today. Because he won't find one by himself. 

Tomorrow are we (Hannah the shop owner and I) going to discuss my timetable but I will work a lot. And I like that, because then we will have some money. 

A smile appears on my face at this thought. 

I hang up and look at Harry. His face is full of worry, he probably thinks that I didn't get the job. 

Harry opens his mouth but he doesn't talk. Is he too afraid to ask me? Scared off the answer?

"I did get the job! We are going to discuss my timetable tomorrow but I will work a lot!" I say happily. 

Harry's face changes quick from worried to happy. He walks towards me and he gives me a tight hug. He is so happy too, and I like it. He isn't jealous or something. No, he is just happy for me. 

"That is so good to hear!" He says as he pulls me out of the hug. 

I nod and say. "Now it is your turn, you have to walk in here and ask if there is a job for you. Just give it a shot, okay?" He really has to give it a shot. I know he is scared but he has to try at least, he has to learn that people won't bite or something like that. At moments like this, he is a real coward. But it is cute and a bit annoying at the same time. But I will help him getting over it. 

Harry nods unsure and it is really cute and sad to see him like this. He has really no idea what to do or to say.

"Harry, before you go in there and ask. You have to realize that nothing can go wrong. Because if you ask and they say no, then okay. Then we have to look for an other job but we will find one. If the don't understand you, you just walk away. And if they laugh at you, you just keep cool and walk away too. You have to learn to ask people things, okay? So come on and just ask. I know you can do it." I say as a little pep talk and walk towards him to give him a swift kiss on his cheek. "So off you go." I add en push him a little in the direction of the shop. 

He looks less worried than a few minutes ago.

"Good job, Emma." I whisper softly to myself.

I watch Harry walking in, talking to some at the information desk. There is a man behind it and after a few minutes of talking, he shakes his head. I guess they don't need anyone. But you never know.

I keep watching at them, I just hope they have a job for him. I just hope it so badly. I he gets it, it would be good for his self-esteem and for the two of us. Because we are going to need the money. The trip from Amsterdam to Berlin wasn't really expensive. We just paid for the gas and for some food. But it wasn't very much, but a accommodation is really expensive. If we are going to stay here for a month I am going to talk to the manager, maybe we can get a discount or something like that.

Harry walks out of the shop straight to me. He doesn't look that disappointed, I wondered what they have been talking about.

"Hee, how did it go?" I ask as soon as he is close enough to hear me.

"It went really well." He says with a smile on his face. "I didn't get a job because for that I have to speak German, but he gave me an address. It is a shop from a friend of his and it is near by so I can walk to it. We should check it out."