7 - 11

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"How can he love you, when he thinks you're dead?"

~~~

When Y/n and Ron awoke the next day, the fire was cozily keeping the room warm. Y/n stretched from her spot on the sofa to see Ron looking deep into the fire.

"Do you think we should go and find them?" Ron asked, his hands being held between his thighs.

"What? Right now?" Y/n asked rubbing her eyes slightly.

"I mean, it will probably take a while, with the weather and all." Ron said, now moving his eyes to the window.

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows and followed her eyes out of the big window in the living room. Out of it, she could see the whole front garden, right down to the huge gates that protected it. The whole perimeter was covered in a blanket of thick snow. Small flakes were still lightly falling from the sky.

"It must be almost Christmas." Y/n sighed, pushing off her covers.

Ron nodded, his eyes now moving to Y/n. They would probably have to get going soon if they wanted to find Harry and Hermione in good time.

"I think we should apparate to where we left them last." Y/n suggest, "Maybe follow any trails from there."

"Yeah." Ron agreed, breathlessly, "Yeah, that's a good plan."

So Y/n left the sofa and began to pack up their things to carry on their trip. She wrapped up in her coat, retrieving a scarf and gloves from her abandoned bedroom on the second floor. As for Ron, Y/n dug out a hat and scarf set that belonged to her father.

Once Moonshine Mansion was clear of any proof of human contact, they left through the big doors and stood on the porch for a moment. Both of them staring out into the snow.

"Shall we?" Y/n asked emotionlessly, holding out her arm for Ron.

Silently, he grabbed her arm gently. Y/n then shifted the two from in front of the door, leaving the world spinning behind them. The two landed in the forest, just where they had left the tent last time. The ground was covered in a thin icy layer.

"Brilliant, just brilliant." Ron complained, "They're not here!"

"Did you expect them to stay put just for us?" Y/n asked, "They still have Horcruxes to find, Ron!"

Ron seemed to groan in annoyance, obviously incapable of thinking a strategy to help find Harry and Hermione. Y/n placed her hand on her forehead, rubbing it gently to help her try and think. Of course, they could be anywhere by now, miles and miles from where Ron and Y/n were.

But she continued to think and rub her forehead, and after a little while, she began to get progressively cold from the lack of movement they were doing. Then Ron's voice pulled her out of her deep thoughts.

"Y/n, are you seeing this?" Ron asked, his voice low and nearly in a whisper.

"Seeing, what?" Y/n snapped back.

But when she turned to face Ron, he had his back to her. Looking into the palm of his hand.

The contraption that Dumbledore left him was shaking in his hand. He opened it and a ball of blue light shot out of it and hit Ron straight through the chest.

"Do you think, maybe, that it wants us to follow it?" Y/n asked, wearily.

"I can hear it speaking," Ron asked, slightly hopeful, "It must be a sign."