6 - 7

Year 6
The Half Blood Prince

"Your other freaky little friends are sat over there,"

~~~

The snow was laying on the ground as it fell from the sky. The village of Hogsmeade was over run with Hogwarts students and Y/n and Draco chose to keep each other company on this wintery trip.

They skipped along to the Three Broomsticks where they were going to share a butter beer. But Y/n knew that Draco wanted to go for another reason. As they entered the pub Draco lead Y/n towards the back where a single door stood.

"Okay wait out here, Mother wanted to to pass a message on to Madam Rosmerta." Draco said, stopping her from entering the room.

"And what do you expect me to do while i wait?" Y/n complained, wanting to go in with Draco.

He scanned the room quickly, trying to come up with a distraction. His eyes landed on something and he smirked.

"Your other freaky little friends are sat over there," Draco insulted, "Go sit with them."

After sharing a glare, Y/n fianlly gave in. Sighing she left Draco who had disapeared into the back room and joined Harry, Hermione and Ron on a table. Each of them were accompanied with a drink.

"Oh bloody hell." Ron said, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

"Well if that's the way you feel about me coming to sit with you then fine." Y/n said, hesitating before sitting down.

"No Y/n, not you, over there," he nodded into a corner where Ginny Weasley and Dean Thomas who seemed to be close, "Slick Git."

Y/n scoffed and took a seat, raising an eyebrow at the boys behaviour.

"Honestly Ronald, they're only holding hands." Hermione said.

But Y/n watched as they edged closer to each other, then connected their lips. And Y/n laughed with amusement.

"And snogging." Y/n added.

Ron began to make complaining noises, "I'd like to leave." He said haistily, getting uncomfortable about being in the same room as his sister who was getting off with a boy.

"You can't be serious? What if she looked over here and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to leave?" Hermione asked, then taking a long gulp of her drink.

Y/n and Harry made eye contact and they seemed to be thinking the same thing. Why would Hermione come out with that? It was obvious that she had an attraction towards Ron, and there was a lot of tention between them, but Y/n never thought that Hermione would be that straight forward about things of that nature.

"Harry, my boy!" Slughorn's voice pulled Harry and Y/n's eye contact away.

"Hello, Sir. Wonderful to see you." Harry replied polietly.

"And you," He replied smiling, his eyes scanned the group around the table, finally landing on Y/n, "Oh my, Y/n Moonshine is it? What a pleasure my dear!"

"Please, Sir, the pleasure is all mine." Y/n shook his hand.

"I'm flattered. Anyway, i just popped over to give you an oppourtunity. In the old days i used to throw together an occasional supper party for the select student or two. Would you and Miss Moonshine be game?" He asked, scanning between Y/n and Harry.

Y/n quickly nodded along with an acceptence off Harry and Slughorn was delighted.

"You'd be welcome too Granger." He added,

"I'd be delighted Sir." She said,

"Splendid, look for my owl. Good to see you Wellenby!" He said before slumping off in a little bit of a drunken state.

Y/n couldn't help but giggles at the face of Ron after Slughorn had left, Ron was having a different idea as he scolded Harry, questioning him about his closeness with the teacher. But Y/n wasn't listening, she was busy looking around for Draco, she hadn't seen him leave or come out of the office yet.

---

It was still snowing when the group left The Three Broomsticks to head back to Hogwarts. Hermione was skipping ahead like a giddy child, probably under the influence of the head spinning Butterbeer. Y/n walked along side Harry and Ron as she watched a group of two girls in front of them.

Everything seemed to be in perfect order until a sharp scream drew Y/n out of her little daze. One of the two girls that were walking in front was sprawled out on the floor, her friend was stood over her screaming.

But her body was being pushed side to side, and then it was flung into the air and she hovered with her mouth open, one of the most terrifying things Y/n had ever witnessed. But with great force she was dropped back down, the noise of her body hitting the floor was loud.

The group began to walk forward to inspect the girl, but a voice stopped them.

"Don't get any closer," Hagrid's burley voice warned as he approached, "Get back all of you."

Y/n reached down to pick up the belongings that the girl had dropped, trying to be polite.

"Do not touch that. Except by the wrappings, do you understand?" Hagrid asked, and Y/n nodded, using the brown paper to pick up to what seemed to be a necklace.

Hagrid scooped up the girl from the floor, making the other students follow, he instructed them to wait in an empty class room while he took that girl to see Madam Pomfrey. The students waited in silence, not prepared to discuss what they had just seen because they didn't really know themselves.

McGonagall and Snape burst into the room, making Y/n jump a little as they made their way over to the desk where the necklace lays.

"Did Katie have this in her position when she entered The Three Broomsticks?" McGonagall asked, the girls friend who was still with the group.

"No, she left to go to the loo and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important that she delivered it." She explained.

"Did she say to whom?" McGonagall asked, gobsmacked.

"To Professor Dumbledore." She replied, causing Y/n to take a sharp intake of breath.

She dismissed the girl and took a seat at the desk, and stared at the four intensely.

"Why is it when something happens it's always you three?" She stared at Ron, Harry and Hermione, before turning to Y/n, "And Miss Moonshine, I never thought after being involved in the Slytherin nonsense, you would also join these three."

Y/n chuckled, not meaning it to be funny in this situation. But they continued to watch Snape used his wand to inspect the necklace fully, confirming that was infact cursed. And that Katie, as Y/n now knows her, is lucky to be alive.

"I know Katie off the quidditch pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly. " Harry said.

"Yes, she was cursed." McGonagall agreed, still inspecting the necklace.

"It was Malfoy." Harry said.

Y/n almost choked on the air when he said that, making Snape and McGonagall both look at him in a state of shock as well. Y/n glared at him with a disgusted look on her face and Ron and Hermione seemed a little baffled too.

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter." McGonagall breathed.

"What is your problem with Draco?" Y/n started, not letting Harry pin something like this onto her best friend, "He was with me from the moment we left the common room, to the moment he went to speak to Rosmerta for his mother. So Draco wasn't the one who cursed her, and to be honest Harry your distaste towards Draco is getting rather pathetic now. It's going to land you in some serious trouble."

"I think I'll take Miss Moonshine to calm herself down," Snape said, stepping and grabbing her shoulder, leading her away from Harry.