3 - 6

Year 3
The Prisoner of Azkaban

"No, it's not you that frightens me! It's your boyfriend I'm worried about!"

~~~

"Now remember, these visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege. Should your behaviour reflect poorly on the school in anyway, that privilege should not be extended again." McGonagal warned the school as Y/n stepped out of the castle.

The air was cold and the trees were orange when Y/n arrived into the crowd with so many students she couldn't recognise while robless. Y/n herself was wearing black skinny jeans and a oversized burgundy jumper, matched with black boots, a scarf and a woolly hat.

"Moonshine, have you got your permission slip?" McGonagal asks, as the girl passed her.

Y/n pulled the paper out of her pocker and smiled at the old woman, as Y/n departed to go find Draco, Harry rushed up to McGonagal with a worried look on his face, as she got further away the talk about 'no unsinged slips cannot be accepted'. Y/n felt a little sorry for Harry.

The school started to walk towards the village and Y/n scanned the crowd for the loose plantum blonde hair. After a while she spotted Pansy, with Zabini, Crabbe and Goyle but Y/n didn't want to be sucking into awkwardness that would lie in the group because Draco isn't there. But to Y/n's suprise someone was walking next to her, someone she didn't usually talk to.

"Hey Neville." Y/n greets the boy who looked rather startled by her voice.

"Oh, h-hi Y/n." He stuttered, clearly intimmidated.

"Neville you don't have to be scared of me, I'm not going to be mean to you." Y/n laughed, Neville kept his eyes on the floor.

"No, it's not you that frightens me! It's your boyfriend I'm worried about!" He whispered the last part.

"My boyfriend?" Y/n questions, rather confused to what he was talking about.

Neville looked up and nodded towards something behind her. Y/n furrowed her brows and turned around to see Draco walking towards the pair quicker than they were moving. Y/n turned back to Neville to clear the air.

"Oh Draco is-" An arm going around her shoulder cut her off,

"Got lost Longbottom." Draco spat.

Neville looked at Y/n and she gave him an apologetic look. Beofore walking ahead of the pair. Draco removed his arm and they started to walk together.

"Why don't we sneak off for an hour or two, and go get a butterbeer." Draco offered, "I think that we could use a break from those four buffoons."

"Are you sure you don't want to go with Pansy? I've heard you're pretty into her." Y/n teased Draco.

"Oh yes, why don't you go fetch her for me? Then we can go on a double date with you and Zabini." Drco fired back playfully.

"Let's just go," Y/n grinned rolling her eyes, pulling Draco by the arm in the opposite direction of the now dispersing group.

---

Y/n sat down at a small booth and unwrapped her scarf from around her neck and took off her hat. She studied Draco who was ordering the pair their drinks, Y/n noticed that she never really saw him out of his robes or his black suit.

He was wearing a black zip up jacket underneath. Slim fit, black trousers were shaping his long legs, and some expensive looking shoes covered his feet.

He turned to Y/n with two mugs filled to the brim, a huge grin was spread across his face as he headed towards her. He placed the glasses on the table and pushed one towards her.

"Thanks, how much do I owe you?" Y/n said, while taking a sip.

"Don't worry about it, an extra Butterbeer won't break the bank." Draco chuckled, taking the seat next to her.

Their booth was in the far corner in the room, to make sure if Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle or Zabini walked in they were completely hidden away from them.

"So are you looking forward to the formal banquet when we return home?" Draco asked, starting up a conversation.

"Not really, whenever we attend one of those things I'm forced to dance with some rich, douchebag. It wouldn't be as bad if they weren't all revolting." Y/n rolled her eyes at the thought of having to dance with another random person.

"You think that's bad? My parents have been trying to set me up every rich girl they know. But I think they've finally given up with that one, they're more interested in your parents now. Making a good impression and all that." Draco explained.

"Plus I hate having to squashed into big, uncomfortable dresses. It's just not my thing." Y/n shudders, taking another swig of her drink.

"Are you sure about that? I think this is the first time I've seen you with fully length trousers on." Draco looked under the table at her jeans.

"That's because my mother and father like to show of their wealth through fashion, not by words. So usually when they're not around I don't wear skirts or dresses." Y/n explained.

Draco nodded, knowing exactly what she's talking about. Draco knew his father loved to show off their wealth and power in whatever way they could.

"Well the ladies don't complain." Draco boasted, smirking.

"They don't complain because you're rich Draco. It takes little to attract the lower class but it's the higher class you want to impress. You want someone with connections too, make your life easier." Y/n said, thinking.

"I'll keep my eyes open at the banquet." Draco winked, taking a drink of his beer.

"I'll be your wing woman," Y/n smiled, "I'll find you a girl who's the best of the best."

"I'll do my duties to find you a suitable, future husband too." Draco grinned, and held his hand out, "Is that a deal?"

"Deal!" Y/n laughed as she shook his outstretched hand.

Even though the friends were having a sweet moment, Y/n was secretly pushing down the hurt feeling that was threatening to come up. She was determined not to see Draco as anything more as a friend. But how much longer could she hold it back? Especially when she melted in the rays of his bright smile.