6 - 6

Year 6
The Half Blood Prince

"If you promise you will eat and sleep when your body needs too, I will promise not to question anything you're doing."

~~~

It was late, extremely late. Y/n was pulled out of bed by the strange feeling in her stomach. In her mind she knew Draco was out of bed, and her suspicions were confirmed when she entered the Sixth year, Slytherin, male dorm. The sound of Crabbe and Goyle snoring was enough to give her confidence that she wasn't going to wake them up. But she got rather concerned when she saw his bed empty.

She wandered Hogwarts, it was silent and empty. Yet the unusual sound of chirping grabbed her attention. Curiously, she followed, listening out for the sweet sounds of the birds to where she came across a huge cage, full of the midnight singers.

And just a little to her left, she saw the recognisable doors that she hadn't seen since last year. Never did she think that she would ever see those double doors again. Yet it had appeared for a reason, and Y/n was going to find out why.

She pushed the door open and she saw piles and piles of antique junk. It looked as though non of these things had been touched in years, almost everything was covered in dust. She thought the room was empty and she turned on her heel to leave. But the strange noise of movement came from the back of the room.

That's when she turned back around and followed the racket, deep into the mountains of clutter. Her footsteps were short and quiet, tip-toeing and hoping not to get caught. When she reached the very back of the room, she peered out from around one of the junk walls, and she spotted the familiar blonde hair.

He stood with his back to her, his hand gripping an apple tightly. He was staring at something, something extremely big and wooden. She reached out to him, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. His body turned around quicker than light, hitting her arm out the way defensively. His face was anger filled, and Y/n's eyes were full of confusion as she pulled back. Why was he so jumpy?

A small jolt struck up her arm but nothing too painful, she inspected the small mark for a moment with wide eyes, then connecting eyes with Draco. He breathed in relief and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry, you scared me." He said, squeezing her and then letting her go.

She nodded, and moved her eyes to the cabinet he was just staring at. Matching it to the one she saw him stroking at the beginning of the year. He joined her eye contact up the cupboard and began to look rather guilty.

"What's this?" Y/n asked softly, walking up to it, dancing her fingers across it lightly.

"It's a birthday present for mother," Draco was obviously lying, "She mentioned that she liked it when we took a trip to Borgin and Burkes over the summer, I'm spending my spare time fixing it up for her."

"Is that so?" Y/n questioned, "So tell me Draco, why are you doing it in the middle of the night? In such a secretive place?"

Draco was lost for words, he began to stutter as he wracked his brain for a suitable excuse. But Y/n watched him while he got all flustered. She stopped his chattering by stepping closer to him, placing a single finger lightly on his pale lips.

"Shh Draco," Y/n whispered, "I'm only teasing. If you don't want to tell me what you're actually up to, then that's fine. I respect your private life."

Draco breathed heavily, taking away her hand and pulling her into the second hug of the night. He rested his cheek on her head, and her face was buried into the button up that was slightly shown under his suit jacket.

"Y/n, thank you." He said, placing a small kiss on the top of her head, "You're the most understanding, amazing person."

"I know," Y/n whispered, "I'm the best."

"You most certainly are, Miss Moonshine." Draco replied.

Y/n smiled into their hug, it lasted a few moments longer before Draco pulled back. He urged them out the room, muttering about Y/n needed her sleep. The pair walked back to the common room hand in hand. And in comfortable silence.

They arrived at the entrance to the girls dorms where the two lingered for a few moments. Just simply staring at each other.

"I think it's time for you to go to bed, love." Draco said softly.

"And you too Draco. You look like you could use a few hours in bed yourself." Y/n suggested, making Draco chuckle lightly.

It was true, his eyes had dark circles under them. His posture was a little more slouchy, his voice was even more weak than normal. And Y/n knew she had to do something about his health, just one thing that might influence him to consider taking care of it.

"Sleep is the last thing on my mind right now. With everything going on at home and outside of Hogwarts, it's like I don't have time to sleep. But as long as you're getting enough of what you need to he healthy, my mind can rest." Draco said sweetly.

"Let's make a deal Draco," Y/n said, "If you promise you will eat and sleep when your body needs too, I will promise not to question anything you're doing."

This was a trick question, Y/n had already promised Mrs Malfoy that she was support Draco, no matter how little she knew about his situation. So when Y/n came up with this deal, she had nothing to lose.

"It's a deal Moonshine." He smirked, shaking her hand lightly, keeping their fingers intertwined, "Now off to bed with you."

"Goodnight Draco," Y/n said, walking backwards, "Remember if you need assistance, even anything as small as emotional support, don't hesitate to ask."

"Sure Y/n," Draco whispered, "Goodnight, sweetheart."

"Night." She muttered.

And after that conversation, she got back into her bed, not realising how tired she actually was. And Y/n quickly fell asleep, knowing that Draco had promised to put his health first. But even though she had promised not to ask questions, Y/n was still curious about that cabinet.