2 - 6

Year 2
The Chamber Of Secrets

"Draco, you're obviously not seriously hurt, can we go now?"

---

After their late-night chat Y/n woke up feeling extremely tired and groggy. However, Draco seemed to be very energetic as he prepared himself for his first quidditch match of the year. Slytherin versus Gryffindor was the first match and Draco couldn't hide his excitement about defeating Harry Potter and catching the golden snitch. Draco was planning to provoke Harry and throw him off guard while he caught the snitch for the Slytherin team.

But over breakfast Y/n couldn't get over what her brain was conjuring up from last night. She was sat watching Hermione looking happy with her friends, not in the least worried of what could happen to her if she wasn't careful. Maybe y/n did regret some of the terrible things she said to Hermione, imagine how guilty she would feel if the monster in the Chamber actually harmed Hermione.

"I better be heading to the quidditch grounds," Draco announced as he stood up, "Moonshine, I want to see you before the game."

Draco walked off, leaving Crabbe and Goyle with y/n and Pansy. The girls looked at each other and back at them, they didn't know how the two boys functioned without their ring leader to guide them. How do they even live without Draco by their side?

"I guess we better eat this and then go down to the quidditch stands?" Y/n half ordered, half guessed.

They all nodded silently continuing to eat their breakfast, this was completely awkward for the two girls who were being stared at by the two silent boys. But this gave y/n time to take in their appearance, they weren't very attractive at all, there was not a single appealing part of them. They were completely disgusting, especially their eating habits. They shovel the food into their mouth quicker than they can swallow it.

"I think I've had enough breakfast," Y/n tried not to make the reason obvious as she pushed her half empty plate away, but by the look on Pansy's face, she was thinking the exact same thing.

---

They arrived at the quidditch stands and y/n was quick to leave the group of three and go find Draco, like he requested. She pottered down to the changing rooms were she could hear the team buzzing inside.

She knocked twice on the door, it took a while, but a head popped out of the door and eyed y/n up. She recognised him as the team captain. He eyed her up and down, angrily but soon changed his expression when he realised who it was.

"Y/n Moonshine, which one of these fine boys in here are you wanting to see?" Marcus Flint half teased at the girl who was trying to hide her smile but she couldn't.

"Is Draco in there?" Y/n asked, and the captains smile grew.

"Malfoy, Y/n Moonshine is at the door for you." He echoed inside of the changing room, causing it to erupt into teasing and childish sounds.

He emerged, pushing the captain out of the way. Shooting him a glare as he backed up into the busy changing room. Then changing into a beaming smile when he turned back to y/n.

"Y/n, have you come to wish me luck?" Draco boasted, smiling widely.

"No, I came because you said you wanted to see me before the game." Y/n smirked, causing Draco to pull a face.

"Obviously cause I wanted you to wish me luck." Draco said, in a way that made it seem like his statement was obvious.

"Oh yes, well good luck Draco." Y/n said, "You'll do great."

Y/n meant it, as much as she teased Draco and was sarcastic with him, she knew he was going to do extremely well in this game. He would have been willing to try everything to get himself on the team, it was just pure luck that he had his father's wealth on his side.

"Thank you Moonshine," Draco smiled, beginning to back up into the changing rooms, "I want to see you cheering in the stands."

"One hundred percent," y/n laughed, "I'm your number one fan."

Draco chuckled before completely disappearing into the locker rooms and y/n then scuttled back to find Pansy and the two boys, so they could wait for Draco's time to shine.

Once she had found her group they stood in the stands and waited for the teams to emerge, when they did they didn't waste any time. They jumped straight into action, flying at top speed around each other. Harry and Draco weren't really doing much, they were waiting to spot the snitch.

Y/n watched as Draco flew close to Harry but before a word could be spoken, a buldger flew past Harry causing him to duck and nearly fall of his broom. Someone from the Gryffindor team stopped to check on Harry but they didn't see the buldger make a U-turn coming straight back at the other team member, hitting his broom and sending him hurdling towards the ground.

Harry panicked and began to fly, causing the buldger to follow him. This couldn't be right? But he kept on flying anyway, heading straight towards the Slytherin stands, Y/n was quick to move pulling Pansy forward with her. Her full body was pressed against the side, that she was almost going over the edge.

"That buldger has been tampered with." Y/n says, watching wide eyed as it was still chasing Potter.

Harry managed to lead it through multiple stands before it stopped following him. Yet Y/n was much more interested in watching Draco who was smirking at the whole scene, he hadn't realised what he was missing.

"NEXT TO YOUR HEAD DRACO, THE SNITCH! THE SNITCH!" Y/n jumped up and down trying to get Draco's attention, but it wasn't working.

Harry seemed to notice it, but before he could say anything the buldger was back, almost slamming into Malfoy too. Harry sped off to follow it with Draco behind him after suddenly realising what was going on. The two raced after it, keeping y/n on her toes watching intensely as Draco barged passed Potter.

They followed it out of sight, but the noises of the buldger crashing into everything was making their whereabouts known. Y/n couldn't watch the rest of the game where the other players were scoring points, she was too busy watching out for her friend.

Suddenly, Malfoy's body was flung from under the stadium, his broom came shortly afterwards. He tumbled onto the floor roughly, rolling down onto the grass, landing on his back. Y/n shot a look at Lucius who didn't show any concern for the boy at all.

Y/n jumped from her seat and ran down towards the bottom of the arena where Draco laid groaning in agony. As she reached the bottom, Harry fell next to her and everyone ran in his direction. She continued to go towards Draco. The whole school erupted as the announced that Gryffindor had won, yet Y/n paid no attention.

"You bloody idiot, what were you thinking?" Y/n ranted, sympathy filled her voice as she picked up the boy and let him use her as support, "Oh Draco, you bloody fool."

He groaned in response.

"Let's get you to the hospital wing." She said, leading him away from the crowd of people who were surrounding Harry. Her eyes just happened to wander to Lucius who was watching the pair from above, in the teacher spectator stands. Y/n couldn't read his expression and chose to ignore his stares as she helped her friend.

---

"Mr Malfoy stop making such a fuss, you can go." Madam Pomfrey said as she rushed passed to tend to Harry in the opposite bed.

Y/n was sat on the edge of the hospital bed Draco was laid in, she was watching him being over dramatic and rolled her eyes.

"Draco, you're obviously not seriously hurt, can we go now?" Y/n whisper shouted at the boy who immediately stopped his act.

"I'm seriously injured here, Moonshine," He glared "Be a little considerate."

"Get up you fool." Y/n said pulling him off the bed and too him feet.

Draco mumbled under his breath as Y/n pulled him out the hospital wing unnoticed because they were all too bothered about Potter.