5 - 6

Year 5
The Order of the Phoenix

"Me? You could be expelled if you lay a finger on that woman. I'm not letting that happen."

~~~

It was free period for Y/n, and since she had promised Draco she would at least try and follow the rules, she was sat down in the empty corridor, studying. If Umbridge came past now she wouldn't be able to punish Y/n for anything.

"Look at you!" Draco gushed as he sat down next to her, "It's been almost a whole week and you haven't provoked Umbridge once! I'm proud of you."

"Thanks," Y/n chuckled, "But i did it for my hands, not for you."

Draco laughed, casuing Y/n to look up at him. The wide smile he was looking back at her with was enough to make her heart leap out of her chest. She felt warm inside. But that didn't last long. After the noise of an annoying 'hehe' Draco slid away from her, their bottoms sliding along the floor. They both frowned and watched a pleased looking Umbridge sashay past.

"Miss Moonshine, I'll see you in my office later today." She giggled.

Y/n completely lost it, as she continuted to walk down the corridor Y/n sprung to her feet and charged at the over powering Proffesor, as she went to leap, a hand wrapped around hers and pulled her back. She was slammed against the wall and pinned there by Draco. She watched as Umbridge disapeared around the corner, and she looked back to Draco angrily.

"What the hell are you playing at?" Y/n growled at the boy who still had her pushed against the wall.

"Me? You could be expelled if you lay a finger on that woman. I'm not letting that happen." Draco scolded her.

Their breaths were matching and heavy. Y/n was staring into his eyes intensely, her stubbornness wouldn't let her break eye contact. Until a interupting cough made them both look. Ron, Hermione and Harry were looking at the position they were in with raised eye brows.

Draco had Y/n agaist the bricks, and both her wrists were being held onto tightly. They were both breathing heavily while Y/n was a little flushed with anger. But it didn't look like anger. Draco stepped back immediatly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's not what it looks like." Y/n asured them, but the three just sent each other suggestive looks and walked away, pretending not to have seen anything.

A huge smirk was spread across his face, and Y/n rolled her eyes and picked up her books. By now a big group of students were crowding the hallway. But they all seemed to be heading in one direction. So curiously Y/n and Draco followed.

Everyone was stood in a circle, surrounding the court yard. A pin dropping could of been heard, it was that tense. Professor Trelawney was stood quivering, ignoring the questionable students, as filch carried her big trunk towards her. Umbridge emerged from the castle, and Trelawney fell back to sit on her trunk for support.

"Sixteen years, I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home." The Professor shook, holding in tears, "You can't do this."

Umbridge looked her up and down with fake pity, before holding up a piece of paper from the minister.

"Actually i can." A self approving smile, sat itself upon her face. Boastfully, she wiggled the paper in her face.

Trelawney went weak and she let out all the painful sobs that she was trying to keep in. McGonagall was quick to rush out of the crowd and catch the limp teacher, helping her stay upright. She cried into the withces shoulder, McGonagall rubbed her back soothingly.

"Something you'd like to say?" Umbridge asked McGonagall, meanacingly.

"Oh, there are several things i would like to say." She replied fearlessly.

The booming sonds of the castle doors opening pulled everyone's attention away from the sobbing teacher. Everyone seemed to take a deep breath when Dumbledore stepped out, no one had seen him for a while.

"Professor McGonagall, might i ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" Dumbledore instucted, standing up to Umbridge.

The scrawny teacher whaled out her thanks as she passed the two, still crying, but this time in relief.

"Dumbledore," Umbridge, interfeared "Might i remind you that under the terms of educational decree number 23, as enacted by the minister-"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers," Dumbledore interupted, "You do not, however, have the athority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the head master."

"For now." She replied smuggly.

Dumbledore didn't reply after that, but the dirtiest look was plastered across his face as the two Professors were staring each other down. His gaze then diverted to the many children that were witnessing this.

"Don't you all have studying to do?" He challanged the students, then he turned around and made his way back into the castle.

Everyone stared to disperse and so did Umbridge but Y/n stayed still for a few moments. Because the moment she returned into the castle, was the moment she would have to return to the well know room that always inflicted pain upon her.

"If you're late, she'll make your punishment worse, you know?" Draco said, watching Y/n staring down at her massively discoloured hands.

"I can take everything she throws at me." Y/n growled, pushing her hands into the robe pockets.

"Y/n, I know you're strong. But it's okay to be a little weak at times." Draco tried to comfort her, "Please, stop trying to handle it all on your own. You're going to cripple under it."

"Draco," Y/n breathed, "I'm fine. I can take it. Trust me."

Y/n wasn't telling lies when she said she was okay. Every time she sat through one of Umbridge's awful punishments, she knew that the Professor was getting more impatient with her. Since she wasn't cracking.

"Have you told your father?" He completely ignored her.

"Yes, he's doing every thing her can. Plus, I bet your father is helping out too?" Y/n asked, knowing for a fine fact that Lucius wasn't helping out at all.

"Erm, now you see, my father has the same views as Umbridge," Draco shuffled awkwardly, "He agrees with what she's doing."

Y/n chuckled as his hesitation, "I'm teasing, my father has already told me."

"You're not mad?" Draco asked, rather stunned.

"I'm not mad," Y/n chuckled, "But Umbridge will be if I'm late, so I better go."

Y/n then ran towards the pink lady's office, where the back of her hands will be taking another battering.