4 - 9

Year 4
The Goblet of Fire

"I'm sorry, it's just I'm waiting for someone rather important to ask me."

~~~

Y/n made her way down the empty corridor, slowly. She was feeling rather down. It was only a few days till the Yule ball and she had been waiting patiently for Draco to ask her all week. But the things between the two had gone back to the way they were in second year, when they were only friends.

She turned a sharp corner and was nearly knocked off her feet by a body coming the other way. One arm wrapped around her waist and kept her upright. She looked up to meet the eyes of Viktor Krum, who was showing a little smile.

"Hello, Miss Moonshine." He said with a strong Bulgarian accent after finally letting go of her.

Y/n had a small blush and a tiny smile.

"Hi Viktor." She replied sheepishly.

"I have been searching for you for a while now Y/n," Viktor said, grabbing her hand, "I wanted to ask if you would be willing to accompany me to the Ball."

Viktor was now slightly bowed at Y/n still holding onto her hand. She felt the blush in her cheeks get even hotter, and she wanted to say yes automatically. But Draco flashed in her head, how could she say yes? Especially when all she wanted was Draco, she just couldn't agree.

"Viktor," She sighed, pulling her hand away, "I'm sorry, it's just I'm waiting for someone rather important to ask me."

"Don't worry Miss Moonshine, I see the way you look at blonde ferret boy. I hope you have the best time together." He wore a genuine smile of understanding, he bowed again and turned around and walked away.

Y/n felt rather happy as she travelled down the slightly damp dungeon steps and into the common room where her mood was instantly ruined, she rolled her eyes at the annoying giggly scream coming from Pansy's mouth. Of course as soon as Y/n entered the room she jumped over to her.

"Y/n! Y/n! Draco asked me to the Yule Ball!" She squealed and jumped excitedly like a child.

She felt her chest rip in half a little when these words left Pansy's mouth. But instead she looked over Pansy's shoulder and raised one eye brow at Draco who shrugged lightly.

"I said, yes of course." Pansy Bragged a little more.

"As happy as I am for the pair of you," She tried not to look angry, but her harsh tone gave it away, "I must excuse myself to write back to my mother."

"Oh you are coming aren't you Y/n?" Pansy asked, "You do have a date?"

"Of course I have a date." Y/n lied with a fake scoff.

She turned and walked into her dorm before any of the others could question her, she got out a piece of parchment so she could reply to her mothers letter.

Dear Mother,

I'm sad to say I won't be attending the ball with a date at all. It seems that Draco has already asked Pansy Parkinson to attend with him. But Moonshine's don't miss dances for the world, so of course I will be attending. Send me the best, most beautiful dress you can find. I want to make sure I look amazing that night.

Lots of Love,

Y/n.

She sighed as she read the letter over again, of course she sounded rather confident on paper but it was an actual fact that she was almost heartbroken over this. And to make it even worse she had just rejected Viktor Krum, maybe the only chance at a date she'll get.

She stood up and sealed the parchment in an envelope and proceeded back into the common room where it was only Draco sat, most definitely waiting for her.

"Are you to tell me who you're going with then?" Draco immediately stood up when she emerged.

Y/n gritted her teeth, his voice was the last one she wanted to hear at that point.

"I don't think that's any of your business, Draco." She looked at him angrily.

"You know Y/n, lately you've been in such terrible moods. I don't like you when you have such an aggressive attitude." Draco scolded Y/n like a child. Her face changed dramatically. The look of offence spread across her face and she breathed in a sharp intake of air.

"Maybe if you opened your arrogant eyes Draco Malfoy, you would see the real reason I've been in such a stinking mood for the whole year. Almost everyone can see it, so when you finally stop admiring yourself in the mirror, come find me." Y/n yelled in frustration.

She left the room without continuing the argument. She regretted her rather harsh words the minute she spilled them, but there was no way she was going to apologise now. The only thing she really let spill that almost everyone could see she had a huge thing for him, so If he actually follows his words up, he could find out the truth.

Y/n stepped out of the castle into the snow, she was in that much of a rush to get away she had forgotten her coat. She wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed her arms making them warm as she started to climb the cold stone steps of the owlery. On her way up she passed Cho Chang who shot her a small smile, but Y/n tried not to be rude and flash a fake smile back. Continuing to climb the steps.

When she got to the top she was met by a friendly face, who was also looking rather under the weather.

"Hello Harry," She said unenthusiastically, "You look rather sad, why?"

"I could say the same for you Y/n," He said, "But, if you must know, the only person I wanted to ask to the Ball has a date already. What about you."

"Seems like we have the same problem. Draco asked Pansy to go with him." She replied.

He looked sympathetic as his face flashed a sorrowful look. Y/n shrugged with little effort. But all of a sudden Harry's face had changed and he was grinning widely.

"Y/n I've just had an idea. What about if we go together, it would solve both of our problems." Harry suggested, making Y/n smile giddily.

"Harry you're a genius. It will solve your problem of not having a date, and it solves my problem of Draco. Of course! He will be so annoyed if I show up with his enemy." Y/n got excited, jumping like a child, like Pansy did in the common room.

"It's settled, we attend as friends!" Harry grins, rushing to the door, "Better get my robes sorted."

"And I my dress," She yelled as Harry disappeared out the door.

She squealed giddily when she was alone, clapping her hands with happiness. The Yule Ball was going to be a great success.