Alec ~ Not Going Anywhere

Start from the beginning

But who were you to get in the way of his dreams?

"Isn't that what you've always wanted?" you question, glossing over how much it was hurting you to even consider being apart

"I've always dreamed of meeting someone like you..." Alec says sincerely. The words alone or almost enough to make you fall apart but you keep it together, smiling fondly at the words but shaking your head, dismissing the notion of his considering turning the offer down

"Oh, come on, I'd only be a Portal away" you chuckle, attempting to comfort yourself with this knowledge

"You wouldn't be allowed to visit" Alec reminds you and the statement cuts you like a knife, "Mundanes aren't allowed in Idris."

"Ah, yes" you sigh jokingly, "The perks of being mundane"

The look on Alec's face was hard to decipher...a little upset, a little frustrated...he looked like he was pushing for a certain reaction from you.

"Look, whether you're in Idris or in New York, I'm not going anywhere" you reassure him sincerely, placing a hand on his cheek, "I'm here for you, okay?"

Alec smiles softly, that same indiscernible expression in his eyes.

"Now, let's get you unpacked, shall we?"

***

"Six ball, corner pocket" Alec decides, circling the pool table and lining up the shot

Coming to the Wolf's Moon for pool and beers had become a Tuesday tradition for the two of you. It was a date night you never missed or rescheduled...

You were going to miss it when he was gone.

And him. 

Especially him.

"Good luck with that" you scoff, sipping from your martini glass as you glance at the shot he was about to make - it was a difficult one. One you couldn't dream of actually making.

Alas, Alec hits the ball and it sinks into the exact pocket he was aiming for.

"You're a man of many talents" you smirk

"You mean that?"

"I wouldn't say it if I didn't" you remark

"Well, you told me you were elated they demoted you at work" Alec sasses, "But I found out through the grapevine...you're actually devastated."

Uh-oh.

"Who told you that?" you laugh nervously, brushing your hair behind your ear

"It doesn't matter" Alec comments, taking another shot. He was frustrated with you for lying, it was pretty obvious.

"I'm sorry, Alec" you sigh, dropping your head, "I guess I just didn't want you to see me like that, so...upset."

"You never have to pretend how you feel" Alec frowns, "Especially not with me."

"You're right" you nod in agreement, shame filling you and you notice Alec's eyebrows raise suspiciously, "As far as we've come, I suppose communication is still a work in progress."

Alec nods, gesturing to the pool table for you to take your shot.

"So...have you accepted the position on the Council?" you question gingerly. You were afraid of the answer but it had been weighing on your mind all day, a looming dark cloud over what on any other terms was a pretty great day.

"Not yet" Alec reveals, "But I told Aline I'd let her know tomorrow."

You nod slowly, attempting to set up your shot with a shaky hand.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow you could lose the man you love...maybe for forever.

You straighten up suddenly, pulling the cue to your side.

"I don't want you to move to Idris" you blurt, "I know it's selfish, but it's the truth."

"Why didn't you tell me that before?" Alec demands and you realise where the frustration was coming from...he'd known you were lying the entire time.

"Because it's your life." you huff, rounding the table to stand closer to him, "And I didn't want how I felt to affect your decision."

"Y/N, all I care about is how you feel" Alec admits, his voice low and soft, "I didn't want to go to Alicante without you, but when I brought it up, you acted like...you wanted me to go."

"I did...in a way" you acknowledge, "I want you to achieve all your dreams, do everything you want to do without me holding you back...Guess I'm a bit actor than I thought, huh?"

Alec chuckles softly, a grin you loved seeing on him stretching across his face as he leans in. You smile slightly and allow his lips to press tenderly against yours.

You kiss him back and it feels warm, safe...it feels like home.

"I'm not going anywhere"