Snow day

6:30 am January 10th

You woke up in the morning feeling,
different. After spending the entirety of your  weekend drowning your sorrows in tacky love stories you decided to mix things up a bit. Add a little spice to your life.

You threw open your underwear drawer pulling out your matching lacy white bra and underwear set. Something you thought you'd never get to wear.

You then pulled on a tight white T-shirt pairing them with your high waisted skinny jeans. You even curled your hair and changed up your makeup with some winged liner. You were gonna kick off the week looking like a damn queen.

9:03 am

You breathed in the fresh winter air as you headed into the station. Snow was piled up more than 2 feet high making it extremely difficult for you to walk through.

You worried it might snow even harder then it already was. It was possible but it was most likely going to slow down through out the rest of the day. You hoped so at least.

You walked to your desk looking around for Gavin. It didn't look like he had arrived yet. You sat down at your desk and started to work putting a pair earbuds in to drown out the noise of the busy station.

...

Gavin arrived around 11 looking completely out of it. He was definitely hungover. You didn't say anything to him though, you didn't want to make your already shitty relationship even worse.

He sat down at his desk paying little attention to you. He sipped his coffee every so often while he worked on his computer in complete silence.

He's so fucking hot

Now it was you glancing over at him, studying every part of his face. He looked so cute like this, tired, hungover, vulnerable. you didn't really know why but this made him 10x hotter.

The day was going by insanely fast, you didn't even notice how hard it was snowing outside, let alone the people who were leaving early to avoid being snowed in.

You were so focused on your reports that you didn't even notice Gavin who fell asleep right in front of you.

Fuck me! he's so cute

"Lieutenant, due to the current weather conditions outside, I strongly advise that we leave early today to avoid he chances of being snowed in".
You heard Connor speaking loudly to Hank behind you.

"Oh shit, I guess you're right".
Hank agreed as he got up from his chair.

"I'll let Fowler know".
Hank walked briskly towards the office while you kept your eyes glued to your screen.

"Detective L/N".
Connor tapped you on your shoulder breaking your focus.

"Yeah".
You asked not even bothering to face him.
"Due to the current weather conditions outside, I strongly advise that you".

"Yeah yeah, I'm almost finished".
You cut him off completely while typing furiously on your keyboard.

"Please let Detective Reed know as well".
You heard him say as he walked away to meet Hank.

People gradually began to leave, one by one they exited the building as you ignored their constant warnings.

You told them all the same thing.
"I'm almost finished, just another 5 minutes or so".
But soon, those minutes turned into hours and you suddenly found yourself in some deep deep trouble.

4:35 pm

You stretched your arms above your head and pulled out your earbuds. You were finally finished, time to get out of there.

Woah where is everyone

You scanned the office eyeballing all the empty desks. Your happiness quickly turned into dismay, you were alone, alone with Gavin Reed who still slept quietly on his desk across from you.

"Holy fuck"!
You screamed as you turned and viewed the snow that was piled up outside.

"Shit shit shit shit"!
You ran up to the front doors desperately trying to push them open. But it was no use. They were stuck. Blocked by what looked like 3 feet of snow, maybe even more.

"Oh fuck me"!
You panicked running back to your desk not knowing what to do in this situation.

"What the fuck is all the noise".
Gavin yawned raising his head off the desk.

"Uh, um".
You didn't know what to say to him. He was going to be pissed.

"What the fuck".
He mumbled as he quickly ran to the window noticing the snow that was piled up outside.

"Don't fucking tell me we're stuck in here"!
He shouted at you pressing his hands against the cold glass.

"It appears that we are".
Your voice trailed off with embarrassment as you fiddled with your fingers.

"Where the fuck is everyone else"!
He yelled his voice shaking with rage.

"Umm, they, they all left".
You laughed at little trying to make light of the situation.

"Why the fuck are we still here then".
He put his hands on his waist walking up to you.

"I was a little to focused on my work to notice the snow".
You confessed staring at the ground.

"I can't fucking believe this".
He shouted storming off the break room.

You really did it this time now didn't you

A/N: errrr I'm anticipating some smut in the next chapter so just a warning, if you don't like that kind of stuff feel free to skip it :)