Its a date

9:37 am

"Emmy guess what"!
You ran into your house enthusiastically, slamming the door behind you.
"Someone's got a date tonight"!
You chirped placing your keys on the counter top while fetching Emmy her food.

Emmy happily trotted into the kitchen when she heard your voice. She brushed up against you rubbing her face against your leg.

"Ooh I'm happy to see you"!
You grinned while scratching her under the chin. God you couldn't stop smiling like an idiot, you had a pretty valid reason didn't you?

You had just spent a rather passionate night with your work partner and now you were going to go to dinner with him? You felt like the luckiest girl in the world, how could you not be smiling.

You gave Emmy her bowl of food and quickly hopped into the shower. The hot water poured down your back as memories of last night replayed in your head. It was amazing, he was amazing. You were so excited for tonight.

What am i gonna wear? How will i do my hair?

So excited yet so anxious. You got out of the shower and got dressed in some comfy PJ's. He wasn't coming until 6, you had quite a bit of time to get ready.

You decided to busy yourself by cleaning up a little, something to soothe your anxiety and take your mind off things.

1:03 pm

BUZZ BUZZ
You dropped everything and ran to your phone.

I'll pick you up at 6, dress fancy 😘

Gavin texted you, he was such a flirt and you loved it.
Will do, where are you taking me anyways 🤔
Gavin? Fancy? Those 2 didn't seem to mix.
That's a surprise for later 😏😘
He's such a tease

3:43 pm

Guess ill start getting ready now.

You started doing your makeup, a soft Smokey eye with some thick winged eyeliner. You weren't amazing at makeup but your tried your best. No one ever questioned your abilities so how bad could you be?

You lightly applied some foundation and concealer and brushed some powder over top. It was nearly 4:40 when you finally finished. Next was hair. You decided to go with some light wavy curls, one style you thought you could actually pull off.

Now, what am i gonna wear?

Gavin said Fancy, a dress would probably be best. You dug through your closet picking out a red scalloped off the shoulder A line dress, one your mom had bought for you as a birthday gift about 2 years ago. You prayed it still fit.

You paired it with some black strapped heals and a small pendant necklace. Everything fit together perfectly, you looked stunning.

It was 5:35 when you finally finished getting ready, now all you had to do was wait for him to pick you up. Hopefully soon, you were starving.

5:50

You heard a knock on the door. You grabbed a light cardigan and your sparkly black clutch. He was early but you didn't care, you were excited to see him.

"Hey gav".
You opened the door but your expression changed when you saw who was standing in the doorway.
"J, Jacob"?
You stuttered as your lips tugged downwards, a pained expression covered your face like a blanket.

"Hey Y/N".
He placed his arm above his head resting it on the door frame. His breath reeked of alcohol.

"Can I Come in"?
He towered over you making you extremely nervous.

No! Don't let him in!

"Y, Yeah sure".
You tripped over your words still trying to figure out why he was here.

Why'd you let him in? Idiot

"Look, i came to say I'm sorry".
Jacob walked into your living room as you shut the door behind you.

Could this really be happening?

"What a did was stupid and you should never forgive me for it".
He started while you stood by the door trembling in fear.

"And i wont, Jacob you need to leave".
You choked gripping onto your clutch nervously.

"I'm sorry, what? Why"?
He walked over to you slowly, this wasn't the Jacob you knew, he smelt heavily of cigarettes, he was drunk, he looked, lifeless.

This was not the man you fell in love with.

"I have someone coming over".
You admitted as he moved in closer to you.

"What"?
He clenched his hands into fists and his face turned red.

"Look Jacob pleases, don't be mad".
"I am NOT mad"!
He cut you off raising his voice.

"Look i want to patch things up".
He wrapped his hands around our waist and you immediately pushed him off of you.

"Please just leave".
You stared at the ground awkwardly. His strong cologne polluted the air around you making it hard to breath.

"You're making a mistake Y/N".
He spoke quietly running his fingers through your hair.

"I dont think i am".
You slapped his hand away from you.

"You're crazy"!
He shouted backing away slightly.

"And you're drunk! Get out"!
You screamed as a tear rolled down your cheek.

"You really think whoever this guy is will love you? Why do you think i cheated".
He argued and you felt your heart sink.

"No one will ever love you, you're fucking crazy".
He slapped you across the face.

"Get out right the fuck now"!
You were full on crying now, tears poured out of your eyes like waterfalls.

Just then, someone knocked on the door.

"Oh is that your new boyfriend"?
Jacob mocked grabbing the door knob. It's like he was going through mood swings, he was apologetic, then he was mad, then he wanted you back? What was wrong with him.

"stop, please".
You begged placing your hand on the spot where he slapped you. He opened the door anyways.

"Who the fuck are you"?
You heard Gavin announce from behind the door.

"Gavin help"!
You shouted but Jacob was a step ahead of both of you. He swiftly punched Gavin in the face and you heard him drop something on the floor.

"What the fuck man"!
Gavin challenged and he punched him back knocking him over. You watched in terror as Gavin and Jacob fought.

"She's mine you cunt"!
Jacob stood up and punched Gavin in the stomach.

"Jacob stop"!
You screamed at the top of your lungs catching his attention. Why was he like this? What happened to him?

"Take me back".
He pleaded while blood dripped from a cut on his face.

"She doesn't want you".
Gavin elbowed him in the neck following up with a swift kick to a pressure point in his knee causing him to fall over onto the ground.

"Get out".
Gavin grabbed Jacob by the collar holding him up to his face, practically choking him.

"Okay okay"
Jacob surrendered and Gavin released him. Jacob fell to the ground rubbing his neck in pain.

"Burn in hell Bitch".
He mumbled as he stood up and walked out the front door.