The Interrogation

"So, you killed him huh"?
You watched Gavin through the 2 way mirror as he slammed his fists down on the table.

"Why do we even have to interrogate them?
They were hacked weren't they"?
You asked Hank who sat leisurely with his feet up on the desk.

"It's required, we also need to find out exactly who hacked them"
Hank explained watching as Gavin screamed at one of the terrified androids. The other one was still locked in it's cell.

"You little shits are walking around fucking everything up"!
He shouted as the android flinched in fear.

"Why is he so, I dunno hateful towards them"?
You asked Hank desperately wanting to know more about him.

"Well, for starters, his step brother started CyberLife".
Hank began as your jaw slowly began to drop.

"Wait, Elijah is his stepbrother"?
You asked, your eyes practically popping out of your head.

"I thought you already knew, it was kind of obvious, they literally have the same face".
Hank joked while you stood there complexed by this new information.

That explained a lot. You realized now why he hated them. He had to live alongside the creations that made his stepbrother rich and famous. The very creations which ruined his chances of being in the medical field.
He must be so jealous.

"Who programmed you? Don't pretend like you don't remember".
Gavin prodded while the android trembled in fear.

"Wow. that's, wow".
You put your hand on your chin still trying to process everything.

You noticed that Gavin wasn't getting much out of the android, just a few small bits of useless information which weren't crucial to the mission.

He spoke to the android for another few minutes until he suddenly said something that caught your attention immediately.

"This is why I hate you fuckers, Killing innocent people, stealing jobs, stealing everything I had".

Gavin quickly tensed up as his voice faded away. He paused momentarily until he turned and ran out of the room.

"I can't do it".
His hands were balled in fists as he stormed out the door and into the hallway.

"Gavin wait"!
You chased after him hoping he wouldn't run from you.

"Gavin I know why you don't"

"You don't know anything"!
He cut you off spinning around to face you.

"You wouldn't understand".
He whimpered showing a side of him you had never seen before.

"No no Gavin I do, I do understand".
You tried to comfort him.

He was silent for a second unable to speak.

"I know about Elijah".
You stuttered as you watched his hands unclench.

"Everyone loved him, my parents, my friends, everyone thought he was amazing".
He began.

"No one ever cared about me, they all liked Elijah more".
He croaked holding back tears.

"Oh look at Elijah, he's so smart, he's so great,
They never gave one fuck about me".
He confessed as a single tear escaped his eye.

"Ive spent my whole life living in his shadow".
He quickly wiped the tears away with his jacket sleeve.

"Gavin I'm so sorry".
You reached your hand out placing it on his shoulder but he swatted it away without hesitation.

"Don't you fucking".
He stared at your hand petrified realizing what he had just done. While swatting your hand away he had accidentally cut you with his fingernail.

"y/n I'm sorry I".
He choked as you grabbed your hand in pain. It was only a small cut but it still hurt like a bitch.

"I have to go".
He spun on his heels walking away from you as you stood idol in the hallway filled with emotion.

"Gavin..."
you sobbed as a tear dripped down your face.

I'm sorry for everything

...

You went home that night feeling awful, why couldn't you have just said something in the car? You kept on getting these chances to make a move but you missed them every single time.

You couldn't help but wallow in self pity for the whole weekend spending all your time writing cheesy poetry and short stories.

You yearned for social interaction for it had been so long but you just couldn't find the courage to do so. You scrolled endlessly through your social medias watching your old friends move on without you.

I miss being happy

Maybe one day you'll go back to them. Someday. One day in the future.

...

A/N hey everyone! I'm really glad that you all are enjoying this story! Stay tuned because I'm think of adding a bit of smut in the next few chapters....😏