Liar

You got home that night filled we mixed emotions. You liked him a lot but you didn't want to? You were afraid, afraid that he'd be just like Jacob. You sat down on your sofa scrolling through your phone trying to distract yourself.

Just forget about him!

You practically knew nothing about him other than a few of his interests and hobbies. He wasn't even that great of a guy anyways.

Although he was a jerk, you couldn't help but feel guilty. You knew you lied to him, of course you didn't have anything planned for tonight, you rarely ever had plans.

Ever since you and Jacob split, you had cut your friends out of your life. One by one they started to ignore you, ultimately leaving you altogether.

Sure you could still reach out to them, sure they might still be open to a fresh start, but you just weren't ready yet, you didn't know if you would ever be.

6:47 pm

After you finished dinner a you got a call from an unknown number. You quickly declined it but they called back again.

What the fuck?

They kept calling back. Eventually you got fed up and just answered it.

"Hello"?
You answered hesitantly completely expecting it to be nothing but a bot trying to convince you to give up your credit card numbers.

"Finally, detective L/N we need you at cherry street and Willis road, a murder has just taken place and we really need some extra eyes here, captains orders".
You heard Connors voice frantically through the phone.

"But, I'm not a detective, I just do the research"!
You stammered grabbing your keys and jacket.

"Fowler wants you here, now"!
Connor explained as you threw on a pair of winter boots.

"Alright I'll be there soon"!
You hung up and ran to your car.

6:53 pm

You saw lights flashing and you heard sirens blaring in the distance. You drove past the scene parking just across the street. You spotted Hank and Connor talking to some of the other officers.

"Hey I'm here"!
You ran up to them slightly out of breath.

"Why am I here exactly"?
You questioned scanning your environment.

"A homicide involving 2 androids. They were hacked and programmed to kill him and deliver this".
Connor explained glancing to a corpse who lay face down on the snow while he held up a large black backpack.

"What is it"?
You raised an eyebrow analyzing the bag.
Connor unzipped it revealing hundreds of small pouches, each individually filled with a red powdery substance.

"Red ice, holy shit".
You gaped as you saw 2 androids in handcuffs being shoved into a cop car. The body of the dead man was surrounded by virtual police tape. Blood was splattered all around him.

"So Who's, uh, the fella over there".
You asked glancing towards the dead body.

"Brandon hill is his real name, he has been going by Jaxon McDonald for the last 7 months".
Connor chirped staring towards the body.

"He was a major dealer about 8 months ago but left the business to start a family".
Hank exhaled slowly as the cold air nipped at your skin.

"He sold out his other dealer buddies when we started offering rewards to people who had information. Looks like this was revenge although, whoever programmed the androids didn't do that great of a job".
Hank informed you as you stared blankly at
your surroundings.

"Still don't know why I'm needed here".
You asked them shrugging your shoulders.

"Fowler said its best if the report writer got a firsthand view of the situation".
Hank sighed shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Oh uh okay, that makes sense I guess".
You replied walking away from the pair to investigate the crime scene a little more.

"Hey".
A low voice called out from behind you catching you off guard. You turned around to see Gavin leaning up against a parking sign pole a couple feet away from you.

"Hey".
You responded sheepishly.

"Thought you had plans tonight".
He asked tilting his head slightly.

"Oh yeah, they ended up canceling".
You nervous laughed hoping he couldn't see through you.

"Look, if you don't like me that's fine".
He leaned off of the pole tucking his hands in his jacket pockets. You were silent for awhile. You couldn't quite figure out what to say.

"No no it's not that, really".
You reassured, lying straight through your teeth.

"Yeah, sure whatever".
He turned his back to you walking away slowly.

"No Gavin, really".
You tried to grab his attention but he continued to walk away.

"Gavin".
You called out to him. You hated when people ignored you, it really pushed you over the edge.

"Well you're the one who didn't want to be friends in the first place"!
You shouted, desperately trying to get a rise out of him.

Shit, I shouldn't have said that

Your mouth shut immediately once you realized what you said. Gavin stopped right in his tracks and turned around to face you.

Shit shit shit!

"You know what? You're right! I don't need to be friends with a bitch like you".
His grey eyes locked with yours, you could see the emotion behind them.

"Gavin! no wait I'm".
You cut yourself off when you saw him turn the corner ahead of you. He was gone.

You really fucked that one up didn't you

You returned home around 8 replaying your conversation with him inside your head over and over again. Why would you say that? Why did you lie in the first place?

Stupid stupid stupid!