Day 6: Investigation

"It kindda feel weird to have this kind of meeting in a bedroom." said Rayla.

"We got no other choice. The meeting room is completely filled with rubble that come from my future room." said Miku.

"And it feels more weird to have a meeting in a bedroom without a door." said IA.

"It's all your fault for kicking down my doors." I said.

"Are we gonna continue arguing or continue with the meeting." said Lily.

All of us went silent for a while.

"Alright. I guess we start by gathering all the pieces that we know." said Miku.

"There's not much that we know about the accident." said IA.

"That because the three of us weren't there when it happens." said Rayla.

"So tell us. What happened here.?" Lily ask.

"several building have been rigged with bombs on every doorstep." said Miku.

"Only our and the command building have been detonated. At least our building doesn't burned to the ground." I said.

"I would guess that one detonation chain up with the other resulting the whole building burned to the ground." said Rayla.

"Lucky for us, Miku's bomb doesn't chained up with the nearby bomb." said IA.

"I guess we'll start with the clues that we have right now which is the bombs and traps that have been disarm from our building" said Rayla.

Layla come over and put everything in her hand on the table. It was the bombs and the piano strings that we manage to get our hands on from our building.

"So what are we going to do with them.?" Miku ask.

"We won't know anything if we don't take them apart." I said.

"Wait. We going to take them apart.?" Rayla ask back with a surprise reaction.

Layla just nod as a reply to her sister's question.

"Yeah. That way we can gather a bit more clues on where the bombs are from." I reply.

"Ain't that dangerous.?" IA ask.

"Don;t worry. The three of us already disarm them to not being able to explode." said Miku with confidence.

"It made me a lot scared when it comes from Miku." said IA.

Miku whacks IA's head using the stock of her MG making IA pass out on the floor. Each one of us (except IA) grabs a bomb and begin to take it down parts by parts with me and Ghost (who just came at the right time) teaching them how to do it.

-Several Minutes Later-

All of us manage to take the parts off the bomb even though it's not that much while Miku only manage to take off half of the bomb.

"So, What now.?" Rayla ask.

"Let search around each part and see if we can identify where it came from." said Ghost.

Everyone begin to look at the parts carefully not to miss any details.

"I think I found something." said IA who just woke up holding a piece of the bomb that looks like a clock.

"What is it.?" Rayla ask.

"Look here. It say made in UK." said IA.

"You're right. It is." said Miku who take look very closely at it.

"Looks like we got a spy in the base." said Rayla.

"What are we gonna do now. The spy probably already left the base by now." said Lily.

"Or maybe he'll be back." said Ghost.

"And what made you think like that.??" Miku ask.

"Well. His plan is a success. Maybe he'll be back to carry out another one." I said.

"As expected from a former assassin. Always know what the enemies future step." said IA.

"That because he did the same thing once and almost get caught." said Ghost.

I lowered my head after hearing what Ghost said.

"Any ideas what his or her next move is.??" Rayla ask.

"Not sure. The spy might try to gather some more data. Because sometimes data will just randomly flows out when something terrible happens." Ghost reply.

"Is that how you manage to get me those contracts.?" I ask.

"Apparently yes." Ghost reply with her head lowered to the ground.

"So how do we catch this spy anyway. It could be one of us." said Rayla.

"It could be her." I said while pointing at Ghost.

"Just because I'm half British doesn't mean I'm a spy." Ghost reply.

"Well. One thing for sure, we know that this spy is a cheeky one." said Miku.

"The spy might lay more traps other than the bombs ." said Rayla.

Layla who stays quiet all the time raise her hand.

"Yes, Layla.?" Rayla ask, looking at her sister with a lot of questions in her head.

"How bout we throw ourselves into those traps. It may be able to lure out the spy." said Layla.

All of us went silent for a while.

"Wait the minute, Layla might be right." I said.

"Now that you mention it. Sometimes a hunter usually stay close to the trap that was made." said Ghost.

"In other word, the spy might not be that far." said Miku.

"Here's another question. How do we find more trap in this base.?" IA ask.

-two hours later-

"We're back." Miku shout as she burst into the meeting room with Layla following behind her.

"You're late Miku." I said.

"What do you expect. The west side is large and way to many building with many floors. Good thing they have windows that I can jumped out after reaching the top floor." said Miku.

I look over to Layla who looks like trying to catch her breath.

"Oi. Don't tell me that Layla goes up and down the stairs like a normal person." I said.

"Actually she does." said Miku.

"Are you alright sis." said Rayla.

Layla just nod.

"Here's the layout of the west side." said Miku as she put down a map with a lot of marks on it indicating the locations of the traps.

"There's a total of 10 traps on the west. and 10 more on the east side." said IA.

"That makes a total of 20 traps in this base." said Lily.

"What do you guys think.??" Rayla ask, looking at both me and Ghost.

The two of us carefully look at both map and try to figure out a plan.

"Looks like we got a lead to catch the spy." I said.