Day 4: In The Night 2

I wake up in the middle of the night since I can't sleep that well. The nightmares of my past keeps haunting me over and over again. I remember that the whole squad will return to our base. I decide to pack my things and put it in the back of our jeep. I wear my jacket and pick up my weapons up after I finish packing my things and head over to the Shooting range. As soon as I arrive at the shooting range, I realize that I'm not alone. Both Rayla and Layla were shooting down some targets with some silenced weapons.

"Are you just gonna stand there or what." said Rayla who notice me.

I quickly head over to them and take my place between them.

"Couldn't sleep, Assassin.??" Rayla ask.

"What kind of assassin sleeps when he can do anything in the night." I reply while loading my gun.

"Fair enough." said Rayla.

"How bout you, General.??" I ask.

"How can I stay asleep when there's a threat nearby." Rayla reply.

"Actually she have a nightmare and afraid to go back to sleep." said Layla.

Rayla just lowered her head with her face being red.

"I see." I reply.

Silence fills up the surrounding. I load up my rifle and begin to take aim.

"I actually can't sleep because of the one that I kills before haunts me." I said as I fire my 1st shot.

"Eh... Is that so." said Rayla as she fire a shot as well.

"Tell me,(F/N). How does it feels when you kill someone.??" Layla ask.

"You could say The only thing in my mind at that time is that my target must be eliminated. But when your father is my target, I feel kindda different." I reply.

"I see." said Rayla as she fire a shot.

The awkward silence made it presence back. the only sound we can clearly hear are the slight sound of our rifle being shot even with the silencers on it. Not until Layla decided to pull out a revolver. The same revolver that was given by their father. It is the Remington Model 1858.

"So tell me. How does it feels when you kill your last target.??" Layla ask.

I took out my custom 1911, The gun that took their father life away.

"I feel free. free from all the contract that I've receive to that day. I'm finally free from killing people ." I reply.

"Free huh. Is it a total burden to you, killing all those people.??" Rayla ask.

"Kindda." I reply.

Both me and Layla shot the target until nothing left out of it, until the both of us run out of bullets.

"Well, I guess that's enough for tonight." said Rayla who's been watching us shooting down the targets. 

Layla put back the revolver back into it new hostler before walking away with Rayla.

"Are you just gonna stay here, Assassin.??" Rayla ask.

I just simply nod. Both of them went back to their tent.

"So, you just gonna stay there until the morning come or what." I shouted.

A person walks out from the bush nearby. It was Miku with her usual outfit.

"How long have you been there.??" I ask.

"Since you finish loading your stuff on to the jeep." Miku reply.

"Wearing only that.??" I ask again.

Miku look down on herself, look back at me and then nod. I give Miku a facepalm before throwing her my jacket.

"Wear it, you'll catch a cold with outfit like that." I said.

Miku quickly wear the jacket and begin to walks towards me.

"ありがとうございました." said Miku with a beautiful smile.

Looking at her beautiful smile made my heart skip a beat. Her fluent Japanese also stunt me through the ears.

"N-N-No Problem." I said, stuttering in the process.

"Are you alright, (F/N). Your face is red.??" Miku ask, with a worried face.

"Ye-Yeah." I reply while reloading my guns, trying to keep it cool.

Miku approach me closer and I begin to grip my gun even tighter. I let out a sigh and begin to shoot. My 1st shot made Miku stunned a bit but she still continue to walks towards me.

"I still wondering how do you still have the courage to approach a monster like me." I said with a smile.

Miku stop her steps for a while after hearing what I've said. But with a smile, she continue to walk back with even a faster pace.

"It's not the monster that I'm approaching right now. It's the one who's wearing the costume of the monster." said Miku as she begin to get closer to me.

I shoot the target again. But this time, I miss.

"Wow. I never seen you miss a target like that." said Miku with her head next to mine.

I took a step away from her. Miku just look at me confused.

"Is there any problem, (F/N)..???" Miku ask.

"She's even dangerous than I thought."

Miku than pick up a gun on the ground. It was my gun that I accidentally drop when I was backing away from her. Miku then change her stance to a shooting stance while aiming down the sights. Miku pull the trigger, sending a bullet straight to the target's head.

"Hey (F/N). Have you ever wonder how you feel when you're looking down on a gun that have been pointed at you..???" Miku ask.

"No I never think of that." I reply.

"Well how you fee now.??" Miku ask.

"I feel, terrified I guess." I reply.

"But you don't look like you were terrified." said Miku.

I look at the ground thinking about myself after hearing what Miku said.

"Time to get back to our tent." said Miku handing me my gun.

I take the gun and stand back on to my feet. Miku starts walking with me following behind her. Both of us arrive at our tents and found out that the whole squad are waiting for us.

"All preparations are to return to base are made." said IA with a salute.

"Alright. Time to head back to our base." said Miku with a  salute.

"Yes ma'am." said all of them with a salutes as well.

All of us including Rayla get on our jeep and head back to our base.