Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 7: Training

"Right, everyone line up!" Shouted Axel, crossing his arms.

Immediately, all of the fighting students broke away from each other and stood in three lines. Biting my lip, I looked around. Where was I suppose to go? Lane one, two or three?

"Having some problems there, miss Wolffe?" Asked Axel, smiling slightly.

"Which line do I go to?" I questioned, nervously avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"Lane one. The beginners group."

Nodding my head, I positioned myself at the back of lane one.

"Right, it's a new season, which means new fighting techniques. Group one will be taught by our Delta, Brett Easten. Group two will be taught by our Beta, Ace Thorne and group three will be taught by yours truly. Split up!"

I watched as the groups went in different directions. Confused, I followed the guy in front of me. We headed north, which was to my right. Our group walked through the trees and came across a large field. I could faintly see the other groups spaced out on the field doing drills. 

"Hello newcomers!" Greeted Brett, clapping his hands. He was wearing brown khaki's and a white tee-shirt.

"Stand in line, let me examine you all." He ordered, sizing us up.

We stood neatly, waiting for Brett's verdict.

"Oh, hey Violet!" He grinned, giving me a hug.

"Hi," I smiled.

In the corner of my eye I could see a couple of guys in my row looking at us curiously.

We talked for a bit, which we weren't suppose to do, before Brett carried on down the line.

"Well, you guys seem to be in good shape. Today, we will be doing simple exercises to get our bodies pumping." Announced Brett, standing directly in front of us.

People next to me nodded and mumbled.

"So, first I want you to run two laps around the field. The fields pretty big, so that will be about four miles." Explained Brett.

He brought his whistle to his mouth and blew. The piercing sound set our group off and everyone was off like a rocket. My eyes widened at the their speed and this is just the beginners class! 

"Chop chop miss Wolffe! C'mon!" Called Brett, grinning.

Sighing, I began to jog around the perimeter of the field. The rest of my group were already halfway through their second lap when I completed my first. Man, this is a lot harder than I thought.

By the end of the run, I was tired and out of breath. I dragged myself over to the large oak tree where everyone else was. They had all gotten their breaths back and had water bottles. At the sight of cool liquid, my throat began to burn. Brett saw me panting and walked towards me.

"You enjoy yourself?" He asked, chugging down the water in his bottle.

I didn't answer; my eyes focused on the droplets of water dripping down his chin.

"Oh, right sorry. Here, have the rest of mine." Apologised Brett, "Guess I forgot to tell you to bring a water bottle.

Smiling greatfully, I took the bottle from his outstretched hand and brought it to my lips. Before I could take a sip, Brett grinned.

"What?" I asked, unsure as he stared at the neck of the bottle.

"You do know that if you drink from my bottle, it'll be an indirect kiss?" He smirked, his green eyes twinkling with laughter.