Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 38: Familiarity

Hi! I hope enjoyed the last chapter. I've actually altered a few things in my plan for the ending and stuff and I hope you'll enjoy it. Well, I guess it depends on who's side you're on - Axel's or Blake's - because, depending on who you support, you'll either end up sad or cheering. :P I hope that doesn't reveal much. Vote and comment if you please :) 

Sorry, it's kind of short.

ENJOY!

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED!

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 38: Familiarity 

Violet's P.O.V

Yawning, I stretched my hands above my head and wiggled my toes. The weather was lovely today, although the heat was making me too lazy to do anything. Werewolves generally had high body temperatures, so we overheated easily. I dropped my arms to my side and looked around. There were quite a few wolves dotted around the lake and I had to move to the side to prevent being trampled on by a group of kids playing catch. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough and ended up getting kicked in the ribs. Biting my lip, I sat up and rubbed my chest. Geez, who would have known that such a small child could pack that much power? Someone laughed from behind me and I turned to see who it was.

"Shouldn't you be doing that in private?" Grinned Ace, sitting down next to me.

I blushed and slapped his arm, "Very funny."

His grin widened and I looked away, my blush deepening. I felt a jab on my side and whined.

"What?"

Ace's grin was replaced by an innocent smile, "Nothing."

I lifted my eyebrows, suspicious. He opened his mouth to say something, but then abruptly stopped, shutting his mouth. His eyes became alert and he scrambled to his feet.

"What is it?" I asked, worried and standing up.

He ignored me, his eyes scanning our surroundings.

"Ace." I snapped, sliding my tee shirt over my head.

He grabbed my wrist and began dragging me in the direction of the pack house. Panicking, I stumbled behind him.

"What's going on?" I exclaimed, my eyes darting from side to side.

He turned his head to look at me and said, "We have visitors."

Gaining my breath back, I followed Ace into Blake's office. As soon as I stepped into the room, my wolf went on high alert. My senses heightened and I tensed. Someone in here was putting my wolf on edge.

"Finally." Grumbled Axel, marching over to me and wrapping a secure arm around my shoulders. My eyes searched the room and I winced after making eye contact with Blake. His posture was rigid, but he remained quiet. Biting my lip, my eyes wandered over to a tall figure. He stood maybe an inch taller than Axel and Blake and had an air of superiority surrounding him. I gulped as I took in his intimidating stature; he had broad shoulders, a narrow waist and very long legs. The man wore a suit that fit him tightly. His jacket was draped over the couch and the shirt he was wearing didn't hide the powerfully built body beneath. Subconsciously, I pushed myself closer to Axel.

"Yeah, sorry. You told me to bring Violet, so..." Ace trailed off and at the mention of my name, the stranger's head lifted. He sniffed the air and I wanted to run out of the room. He screamed nothing but danger. Just as I was about to make a run for it, he turned around. My wolf whined and my breath caught in my throat. He was very good looking, but that wasn't what had me stooped. The man had dark hair and eyes that reminded me so much of my mother's. Even though my memories of her were hazy, I couldn't forget her eyes. They were incredible and this man had them. His iris' were a light brown, but as I looked closer, I found flecks of violet and blue around the pupil. It truly was a unique eye color and I wished I had inherited them from my mother. What confused me though, was how this man had them. His features, in general, reminded me of someone, but I couldn't pinpoint who.