Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 12: Face to Face

Stretching, I yawned. My hand connected with something warm and hard. Opening my eyes, I found myself laying on Axel's chest. The leaves rustled as the waves continued to collide with the rocks at the bottom of the cliff. High in the sky, the sun shone brightly with only a few clouds penetrating its stream of light.

"Axel?" I mumbled, sitting up.

He shifted onto his side, facing away from me, and made a rumbling noise deep inside his chest.

Laughing quietly, I knelt forward and gently nudged his back, "Axel, wake up. C'mon! The pack's probably worried about you."

He groaned and brought his hands to his face, rubbing the sleepiness from his eyes.

"What time is it?" He grumbled, his eyes fluttering open revealing cerulean blue orbs.

"I don't know. There doesn't seem to be a clock anywhere in the middle of the forest." I joked, getting up.

"Mmm, babe help me up." He moaned, holding out a hand for me to take.

"You're such a sleepy head." I grunted, while attempting to pull him. Axel's body didn't even budge an inch.

"Axel!" I whined, "You weigh like a ton. How do you expect me to lift you up when you're practically a block of pure muscle?"

Chuckling, Axel pulled himself to his feet and slung an arm lazily around my shoulder.

"What can I say? I'm not a morning person."

I scoffed, "Yeah and that's why every weekend, you wake me up at five thirty to train."

"That's different," He mumbled sleepily.

I hummed in response and dragged him towards the direction of the pack house.

Here we go.

Resting Axel on the wall beside the door, I knocked on the door. Almost immediately, it flung open and I was enveloped in a pair of warm arms.

"Thank God! You're still alive!" Shouted Ace, breathing heavily. His scent of the forest and rain filtered through my nose, giving me a sense of comfort.

"I'm sorry for worrying you," I murmured, hugging him back.

Ace pulled back and examined me, "It wasn't just me worried. The rest of the guys were. In fact, Les was contemplating calling the police."

I giggled, "I was only gone for a night plus I had Axel with me."

Ace gave me a serious look.

"Okay, okay. I apologise again." I sighed, flashing him a reassuring smile.

Shaking his head and chuckling, Ace turned to Axel, who looked like he was about to fall to the floor.

"Uh, man. Your bedroom's upstairs. Oh! Now might be the time to tell you that you, Vi, myself and the guys are all sharing a room! Isn't that great?" Exclaimed Ace, grinning from ear to ear.

I copied his grin and made my way up the stairs.

"Ace, can you look after Axel for me? Thanks!" I called, tying my hair in a high pony tail. On my way up the large staircase, my senses were hit with a delicious scent; Sweet and slightly tangy. It smelt of oranges and I knew exactly who the owner was. 

Before I could hide, Blake entered my sight with his arm around Karmen. He was looking at her with a mixture of emotions. I couldn't put my finger on any of them apart from regret. Hmm, what would he feel regret for? While I was jumbled up in my thoughts, the two of them stood in front of me, rooted to the spot.

Karmen looked at me with hate, whilst Blake gazed at me with surprise and something else.

"Violet," He choked out, tearing up.

I forced a smile, not wanting to show him the pain he was putting me through.

"You're here," He whispered, nearing me.

Suddenly, he pulled me to him and buried his face in my hair.

"I-I..." I was too frozen in shock to say anything. Over his shoulder, Karmen glared at me with jealousy in her eyes.

I felt something warm soaking into my shirt.

"What the-" I turned to see Blake crying. He tightened his hold on me as he inhaled my scent.

"You don't know how much I missed you," He sobbed, taking my face in his hands and analyzing me.

"You haven't changed by much," he mumbled, "Just gotten more beautiful."

Shaking my head, I stepped away from him. A look of hurt flashed across his face.

"Y-You left me, remember?" I stuttered, desperately trying to hold in my tears.

He looked at me with confusion before realisation dawned on him.

"No, you don't understand-" he began, but I cut him off.

"Oh, I do understand," I said, looking down, "You preferred Karmen over your own mate."

"No no no! You got it all wrong!" He tried to explain, but I shook my head.

"Why should I believe anything you say? Only a few weeks after leaving me did you mark Karmen." I snapped, glowering at the mark on Karmen's neck.

She smirked at me and shot me a smug look.

Blake kept stuttering, so I decided to leave. I passed by him on the stairs; lightly brushing shoulders with him. Sparks and electricity shot through my cells at the small amount of contact.

"No wait!" He called with pain in his voice as I reached the second floor landing. Biting my lip, I stopped.

"What?" I asked, managing only a whisper. My wolf began to stir inside me again as my chest began to get tingly. I knew that if I didn't get out of here soon, I'd go crazy again.

"I-I...." He couldn't say anything as I stared at him.

"That's what I thought." I spun round and walked down the hall. My salty tears left my eyes and trickled down my cheeks. Why did it hurt so much? Unintentionally, I sobbed, clutching my chest. The pain started to grow. What was going on?

"I thought that you were dead!" Blake's pained voice echoed throughout the hallway, leaving me frozen in mid-step. What?

************************************************************************************************************Sorry for the short chapter, but, again, it has to stop here. Things will be revealed soon. Don't forget to COTE!!!""

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED (as usual)