Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 43: Change Of Heart

Helloooo! So I actually prefer Axel and Violet's wolves more than themselves tbh. :P I need help with a front cover, so any suggestions on what I could make it into? Vote and comment and Enjoy!

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 43:Change Of Heart

Nero lunged and I sighed.

"Save one for me!" I snapped, following in after him.

We both launched in to battle, nothing but bloodlust on our minds. We weaved inbetween each other, dodging attacks and throwing our own. It was like a dance. Well, for us. I couldn't say the same for the wolves on the receiving end.
'Stop it.' Violet's voice entered my mind and I rolled my eyes, ducking and missing a grab for my throat.

'Relax. I won't kill them.' I replied, blocking her once again.

Nero grabbed my neck and slammed me to the ground. I glared at him, "What are you doing, you moron?"

He raised an eyebrow before gesturing to the wolf that just narrowly missed us both.

"You were distracted. Be thankful I bothered saving your sexy ass." He rolled his eyes, before getting up and returning to the fight. I did the same.

We carried on playing with the wolves, talking to each other now and then.

"Alright, I'm bored." I said, turning to face Nero, while avoiding a swipe to the cheek.
He nodded in agreement, "shall we?"

We made eye contact and I grinned, "Oh yeah."

We both stripped, tossing our clothes to the side, before letting our true selves free. I whimpered as my spine snapped into place. As soon as I was in wolf form, someone rammed into my side. I stumbled and fell face first into the ground. There was a wheezing noise from above and I caught Nero laughing. His snout bobbed up and down and I watched as he, too, was tackled. He fell to the ground opposite me and I ignored his glare, turning around and flicking my tail in his face. He sneezed and I focused all of my attention onto the four imbeciles, who still hadn't run away.

"You are not of the Moon pack." I snarled, now able to detect the scent that they did not carry.

The largest of the four lumbered forward, foolishly challenging me by growling straight at my face. In the corner of my eye, I could see Nero rounding us and going after the three smaller wolves that were slowly backing away.

Growling back at the wolf, I crouched low. It came closer and before it could growl at me again, I pounced. I landed onto it's back, hooking my claws into its side. A whine escaped it's mouth and it bucked me off. I cursed myself when I landed a few feet away. I didn't grab on tightly enough. We circled each other, oblivious to the sounds of pain coming from Nero and the rest of the wolves. My opponent snapped it's jaws at me and I returned the gesture. I saw the muscles in its legs twitch shortly before it jumped. I ducked and dived onto it's back when it landed. This time, I grabbed it's neck in my jaws. The wolf, again, tried bucking me off, but I was prepared. All it managed by jostling me around was to deepen my hold. My teeth pierced it's neck and it snarled. After a few minutes, my weight finally wore it down and it's legs buckled. We landed with a loud thump and I stood without letting go of its neck. Biting down harder, I waited for it to submit. It immediately whined lowly and I unhinged my jaws, stepping away.

"Leave." I ordered and it nodded before stumbling away with its tail between its legs.

"Why didn't you kill it?" I turned to find Nero walking towards me, back in human form. I averted my eyes when they came upon a certain body part.

I shifted back, groaning when my bones clicked into place.

"Violet refuses to kill." I said simply, ignoring his lustful gaze.

His eyes were liquid gold when I turned to face him.

"I always wondered what Violet looked like naked. Axel would block me whenever she was changing. Now, I see why." He smirked, coming closer.

I stepped back and gave him a pointed look.

"Don't you think we should give them control again?"

He frowned, "I haven't been out since Brianna rejected us. I don't wanna leave yet. Axel's a hardass. You may be able to take over your human, but mine sure puts up one hell of a fight."

Shrugging, I pulled on my shorts.

"Your choice, but you'll be stuck with Violet." I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"You're really going to leave me alone with her? She won't be able to fight me off if I get hungry."

I narrowed my eyes, "You wouldn't."

Smiling, he tugged his pants on, "Axel's loved her for ages. I can't help but love her too, maybe not as much, but it's there. Of course, I'll always keep a place in my heart for my old mate, but I've accepted that Violet is now mine."

His eyes held nothing but devotion and I looked away. I hadn't let go of Blake, of Andris. Violet may have never bonded with Blake before, but I had always been communicating with his wolf. It was difficult for me to move on. I wasn't even sure that the part of Violet that still loved Blake was actually her; it could be me, but I'm not sure. I felt someone tilt my chin up.

"I know that you're not where I am." Nero smiled and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'm sorry."

His smile turned into a smirk, "if Axel were to let me out more often, you probably would somewhat like us already. That and you'd be pretty sore."

"What do you..." I trailed off, getting it. "In your dreams!"

Chuckling, he lowered his head.

"Till next time, Aella." He murmured before placing his lips on mine.

My eyes widened at the feel of them. I thought I'd be repulsed, but what I felt was the complete opposite. My insides warmed and I itched to wrap my arms around him. Andris came to mind and I went to pull away. That is, until Nero wound his arms around my waist and deepened our kiss. My mind went blank and before I knew it, my eyes had slipped shut and I was kissing him back. It never dawned on me that wolves could learn to love another aside from their mate. It never dawned on me that maybe, just maybe, I could give Violet what she wanted.

Yeah, I write these on my phone so I don't really know if the paragraphs work. :)
And yeah, I know it's pretty short.