Jisoo immediately smiled. "We only chat in KakaoTalk. Only short messages, though, because we both are really busy. But sometimes we talk at night until I accidentally fall asleep."

"Who calls first?"

"Sometimes I call him, but yesterday it was Jinyoung. He told me he was reading the book that I recommended and he said it was good. And don't worry, I never talk about Jinyoung in the living room with the girls! And I whisper quietly when we are on a phone call." (Being a YG artist meant you'd be under constant surveillance 24/7).

Sang-won laughed. "Well, I'm not the one who's supposed to be worried. Be careful. You're already in big trouble. Falling in love is a trouble in idol life."

Jisoo made a face. Though Sang-won said it as a joke, in reality, it was the truth. Jisoo went back to read her fans' letters.

"You know I was not this nice when Lee Hi was in a relationship with another idol," Sang-won opened a conversation after a few minutes. Jisoo paused what she was doing to look at her manager before she carefully put away the letters she was reading. "I didn't let her meet her boyfriend, we got into a fight. Maybe that's why I'm your manager now."

"Lee Hi-unnie? Why?"

"The boy she used to date was a bit careless and I correctly guessed that it was only a fling. But when I look at you and Jinyoung, I don't know, there was this aura. Like you two were fated to be together or something."

Jisoo's face lightened up as she listened to her manager. She felt her heart beat faster, filled with excitement.

"Jinjjayo? Unnie.. I'll be really happy if that happens."

"He is a good guy. That Jinyoung," Sang-won said before she continued, "he is jinjja, jinjja polite. And he takes care of you really well, I saw it."

"He is, unnie," Jisoo said, smiling sweetly. She remembered their secret conversation in YG practice room, and how they kept sending short messages, reminding each other to eat and rest well. Should I text him today, too? We did a great job in our performance.

"But listen," the car stopped at a red light. Sang-won abruptly pushed the brake as if she was ready to make an emphasis. The girl beside her was paying attention.

"Sajang-nim wouldn't support it. Not right now."

Ah, happiness doesn't last long.

Upon hearing it, Jisoo smiled sadly, slightly looking down. Of course, why would her boss support something that would cause any scandal. She was still a rookie, but she was a rising star. Stealing a glance to her side, Sang-won continued, "so that's why I told you not to be super obvious. Even if you don't date for real, the greatest observers of all, your fans, will notice. And I don't think sajang-nim will appreciate it if what started as shipper's imagination turns into a scandal."

"Furthermore, even if you date, you won't have time for each other. As time goes by, you two will drift apart. Naturally. Until it feels easy for you to break up because you don't see the future of your relationship. It always happens like this in idol world. So, even though I'm not against your feeling towards Jinyoung, but still, I will encourage you to just...I don't know, let it go. To save you from...disappointment."

Such a strong word, disappointment.

"I don't know how to stop it, unnie. It just..happens."

"Time passes. So will your feeling." Sang-won lowered her voice. Sad that she had to open all the pandora box of reality in idol's life.

"What if I still can't?"

"Then, you will have to keep it only to yourself," she continued. Child, as time goes, the pain will make you forget.