Chapter 7

"Noona! Did you see the group chat? Jinyoung-hyung will come to practice!" Doyoung called his noona, showing the chat to Jisoo. Doyoung and her, along with Akdong Musician members, Chanhyuk and Suhyun, were already in YG practice room. As promised, Jennie would accompany them to become the PD while the maknae line decided to go home as soon as they finished their vocal training. But first, the other three members of Blackpink were having their dinner.

"Ah, yes, I saw! I can't wait for our very first Jinjido Night Out! Jjang!" Jisoo faked a cheerful voice, giving Doyoung a thumbs-up. Doyoung smiled at her but failed to notice that Jisoo had been pacing and fidgeting anxiously for the last 20 minutes. After she received the text from Jinyoung, her heart couldn't sit still. That man, that mysterious, intimidating, but handsome-beyond-words man, who didn't even read her messages for two days, had finally replied.

Wait for me.

Such a simple message, but it successfully made her extremely nervous. And the fact that it was a reply to her, or technically Jennie's, embarrassingly honest text baffled her. Did he really reply to that message? Or maybe he is asking me to wait because I constantly texted him today, she pondered. And how much longer will he arrive?

"Jisoo-sunbaenim, Doyoung-sunbaenim, do you want to listen to my arrangement first?" Chanhyuk politely asked. This time Doyoung was not the youngest among them.

"Oh, yes, yes. I thought we are in the same year, Chanhyuk-ah." Doyoung pat the boy in friendly manner. "But of course, you can call me hyung, too," he joked.

"Yah, Doyoung-ah, are you that happy that you're not the youngest today?" Jisoo approached him, holding Suhyun's hand. As the youngest of the youngest, she became so shy and Jisoo felt the need to help her. "Doyoung-ah, this is Suhyun. This girl has an angelic voice that can make you fall in love!"

"Of course I know about her, noona. Unlike you, she is really young. You're already old!" Doyoung gave Jisoo a sheepish smile, earning him a slap from her.

"Ah, noona. Neomu ahpayo! It hurts!"

"Serves you right for calling me old, maknae-ah," Jisoo laughed at Doyoung's pouting lips. After she realized that the two of them were making Chanhyuk and Suhyun awkward, Jisoo asked them to listen to the arrangement. As Chanhyuk got ready behind the keyboard, Suhyun gave each of them the lyrics sheet.

"Chanhyuk-oppa had put names in every part. If you want to change it, you can just tell oppa," Suhyun shyly told them. Jisoo and Doyoung nodded.

"Alright, Suhyun and I will sing it as a demo."

When the two siblings were singing, Jisoo couldn't help but imagine if it was Jinyoung, Doyoung, and her who were singing. Doyoung's voice was high and powerful, she had heard him singing several times in the waiting room. And Jinyoung's voice is...she recalled his voice. Manly yet so sweet. Honey voice? Is that what people call it? The one that would capture any girls' heart. She began to wonder how many Ahgases had fallen head over heels for him.

"Ah, unnie, someone's calling you." Suhyun suddenly tapped her shoulder, awakened her from her daydream. In an instant, she stood up to take her phone, and when she looked at the screen, her eyes widened. Park Jinyoung was calling her.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Jisoo-ssi? I'm in front of YG building. Can you help me go inside?"

Jisoo was not sure, but Jinyoung's voice was so weak and his breathing was heavy. She quickly told Doyoung that Jinyoung was already here and both of them made their way to pick up Jinyoung. She didn't realize that she was walking so fast that Doyoung had to run to catch up, trying hard not to get left behind and lost in YG building he was not familiar with.