Chapter 5

"You have improved so much Jisoo!"

Right in front of her was Inkigayo PD, giving her an evaluation after her second-day filming. That day, Doyoung didn't come to the broadcast as his schedule clashed with an overseas show. Replacing him was the best and the longest Inkigayo MC to date, ZE:A Kwanghee. She was shocked at how friendly this man was. Seconds after introducing himself, he was already complimenting her (and also complimenting Jinyoung), saying that he watched their first Inkigayo episode and was really impressed. Today's broadcast went really smooth as well. Kwanghee helped Jisoo and Jinyoung through their script reading practice and gave them so many helpful pieces of advice. Jisoo was really grateful that she could learn from this man.

"It's okay to make many ad-libs, and it's okay if you don't follow the scripts as long as you know what information needs to be delivered," Kwanghee explained, although he smiled, his tone was a bit serious. "The writers don't know you, they don't know who you really are, or how do you usually talk or make jokes. I usually came early for the script reading with my fellow MCs because we would change some lines in the script. This way, everything will come out naturally."

Jinyoung nodded as he immediately took notes. "I see, Jisoo-ssi, we really need to come early every Sunday, then."

"That's true. But I'm not sure if I can always come early."

Kwanghee butted in right away. "It's okay! I don't seriously ask you to come early. It's just a suggestion. But it's true that you need to practice the script before the filming. Or even if you don't want to change the whole script, at least try to rephrase it with your own words. Ah, that's more like it." Jisoo was amazed by how the words could naturally come out from her sunbaenim. He had looked up to his name as a famous variety star.

"I'll make sure Doyoung-ie knows about this, too," Jinyoung said, feeling enthusiastic all of the sudden.

"Ah, I feel honored. Honestly, you guys are already good. Look at you two, in just a short amount of time, I bet you three had become so close," Kwanghee teased the youngsters, earning a shy and awkward laugh from Jinyoung while Jisoo's face flushed.

"Well, chemistry is important. The way to make it less awkward for the audience to watch you is to eliminate the awkwardness between you three."

Jisoo and Jinyoung nodded. After receiving lots of advice from the senior, they started their filming. Jisoo tried to practice what she had learned from Kwanghee and it totally worked. She gained confidence in using her own words and displaying all kinds of expression to the audience. Jinyoung was even more relaxed than before, he occasionally joked with Kwanghee and Kwanghee reciprocated with even funnier jokes. It was a fun broadcast, even the staffs laughed at the three of them. Jisoo thought that it was such a pity that Doyoung was not there to witness everything.

Thinking about the whole thing made her happy, especially after the compliments she got from the PD. She strolled down the hallway to the waiting room, finding Jinyoung who was reading a book, waiting for her. When he realized she was already standing inside the room, he closed his book and smiled at her.

"How was it?" he immediately asked and Jisoo couldn't hide her squeal.

"The PD said I improved so much. He liked that I showed a lot of expressions and that I didn't hide it when I got shy or amused. He said it was really natural. Oh, he also said we worked so well together!" Jisoo said, smiling ear to ear. Jinyoung chuckled at her excitement. That high-pitched voice.

"Kwanghee-sunbaenim really helps us a lot. It was really nice he was here with us," Jinyoung said.

Jisoo nodded. "His energy is contagious. I saw you get as excited and it made me laugh in front of the camera. Ah, today was really fun."