Chapter 1: Crush

Tomorrow would be the day, he thought.

Jinyoung and the other members of GOT7 had just gone back from their daily practice. After practicing a new comeback dance for what had been 8 hours non-stop, they were all exhausted. Dancing the same song for 8 hours straight, imagine that. It was not because they were really bad at it, though; they wanted it to be near perfection. And even though their comeback date had yet to be announced but it had always been hectic like this. They would start to get quite busy 3 months before their comeback.

The members quickly found their own businesses. Bambam immediately went straight to the bathroom to take a shower while Yugyeom went to his room to take a nap. The rest of them were just casually sitting in the living room but none of them talked. It was until Jackson decided to turn on the TV that the room became a little bit more lively. He switched to MBC Music, which was broadcasting the music show Show Champion.

"Yah, it's been a while since we perform," Mark broke the silence. They continued to watch the show, silently counting how many groups or artists that had debuted recently. Some of them they had heard of, but most of them were basically groups coming from small companies that were trying their luck by performing in the music show. Just like them back then, they thought.

"Wait, this reminds me of something. Jinyoung-ah, tomorrow is the day, right?" Everyone shifted their attention to Jackson who suddenly called Jinyoung. Jinyoung, in particular, was shocked by the sudden question but understood what his hyung meant.

"Yeah, tomorrow is my first meeting with Inkigayo staffs," he said, and just as soon as he finished talking, the members shot up in exaggerated excitement.

"Wah, hyung, lucky you! Congratulations for being employed for a year! And you get to meet different girl groups every week!" Youngjae cheered, followed by the rest. Jinyoung nod, looking down to hide his smile. Not only because he would meet new co-workers or fellow idols, but MC-ing for Inkigayo was sort of a big deal. He could promote his group every week just by being in the spotlight. Also, he could earn extra money. At least for a year or more, he wouldn't be so jobless.

"Ya, Jinyoung-ah, you'd better do well. I'll be watching you every week to witness your mistakes and tease you for another week because of that," Jackson said. That earned him a not-so-light slap from Jinyoung.

Tomorrow would be Jinyoung's first meeting with his co-MCs. And he was aware by the fact that his future colleagues were artists from big companies. SM and YG. SM, YG, and JYP together. Such a rare collaboration. This fact alone was the reason why the news became so hot. Ahgases cheered for him on every SNS.

"By the way, who will be your MC partners?" Jackson asked, somewhat teasing. Jinyoung was sure that he'd known already, Jackson just wanted to made fun of him.

"Oh, right. Who are they?" Mark, on the other hand, was genuinely curious.

"NCT Doyoung and-" Jinyoung paused, checking his members' reaction.

"-Blackpink Jisoo," and just like that the whole room erupted in shouts and squeals. Jinyoung put his head down to hide his smile and embarassment, waiting for the other members to calm down. They were so loud that Yugyeom came out from his room in panic.

"Wh-what happened? Fire? Earthquake?" The noise suddenly died down as they stopped to look at Yugyeom. But then-

"Jinyoung has a girlfriend!"

"Wh-what? Really? WAAAAHHH, hyung, tell me who is she! You've been so quiet all the time about this!"

"Jackson, don't make things up-"