October Chills

Dan's POV

    The chills of the first of October keep me inside as I reach closer to my due date.I've been put on bed rest and all I've been doing is recording videos.Most of them have been about my pregnancy and random other things,but my favorites are the live streams.I get to do whatever I want and interact with fans.I start up my laptop as Phil walks into the room,holding April.

    "Hey,bear.April wants to say goodnight." Phil says quietly.

    "Night night,daddy." April mumbles.

    "Goodnight.Sweet dreams,baby girl.I love you." I say as I kiss her on the forehead.Phil walks her back into her room,and walks back in shortly after.

    "Hi everyone.How are we doing?" I ask the people on Younow. "No,the baby isn't here yet.She's perfectly ready to be born anytime as of last week,though."

     Phil sits beside me and kisses my cheek. "Hi,Younow." He yawns.

    "I can move to the living room if you want,you don't have to stay awake." I tell him quietly.

    "You don't have to,but I would appreciate it."

    "Alright,goodnight,lion."

    "Goodnight,bear." He presses his lips on mine.

    I quietly waddle my way to the lounge,as to not wake April up.I continue my streams for about another hour.I say goodbye to everyone and turn off the stream.I get a call on my phone.

    It's mum...

    The horrid thought of talking to her...the last time we had a full conversation was in 2012...ten whole years ago.I hesitatingly answer my phone.

    "Hello?"

    "Hi,Dan.How are you?"

    "I'm okay.You?"

    "I'm good.Why didn't you say I had a granddaughter?"

    "Didn't think you'd care."

    "Of course I care."

    "You didn't care before."

    "You know I couldn't stand up to your father.I was wondering if I could come over?I won't let him know."

    "I don't know,mum.If he finds out he'll beat me senselessly."

    "I won't let him,dear."

    "Okay.When do you want to come over?"

    "Is tomorrow okay?"

    "Sure.How about we meet up at the Starbucks in London Eye?"

    "That's sounds just fine."

    "Hey,mum?"

    "What,deary?"

    "I miss you."

    "I miss you too,Danny.You'll see me tomorrow.I'll let you sleep."

    "Okay.Night,mum."

    "Goodnight,dear.I love you."

    "Love you."

    I hang up and start to cry.Not out of sadness,no,out of happiness.I can't wait to see my mum again. Apparently Phil heard me,because he walks in.He sits beside me and hugs me.

    "Dan,what's wrong?"

    "Nothing.I'm happy...Mum called. She's coming over tomorrow.She wants to see you and meet April."

    "Is your dad coming?"

    "No,she's not telling him."

    "Well,I'm glad you two can finally patch things up.Does she know you're pregnant again?"

    "No,I hope she's not mad when she finds out tomorrow."

    "She won't be.I hate to be rude, but the real problem was your dad."

    "You're not being rude.That's putting it lightly."

    "Dan,why are you still crying?"

    Phil holds me as I sob.I managed to calm down,slowing down into soft whimpers.

    "I'm sorry."

    "It's perfectly fine honey."

    "I don't want to move from here."

    "It's okay...whenever you are ready."

    We stood there for sometime.I got this horrible pain in my stomach  and back.I pushed away and moaned,doubling over.

    "Dan?! Are you okay?" Phil said noticing I was clutching the side of my belly.

    After time of heavy breathing, "I-I think I just had a contraction."

    "Really?" he said half excited and half scared shitless.

    I cracked a small smile and said, "The baby is coming.What do we do?Hospital?"

    "Labor could last up to days.I say we relax for a bit."

————————————————
Dan's POV

    I experienced my second contraction as we try to sleep.Phil sits up and turns the bedside lamp on.

    "Breath babe."

    I followed the rhythmic breathing and said when it was over, "I have a feeling this isn't going to be easy."

    "We won't know until we are there." Phil said kissing my knuckles.