Cruise

Disclaimer:Chapter contains self harm

Phil's POV

    Well,here we are.The dock of the cruise ship.We're just now saying goodbye to my mum and April.

    "Daddy no!No go!Daddy stay!" April starts to have a tantrum.Dan starts to look really worried.He rubs his massive basically-eight-month belly nervously.My mum catches on to his worried expression.

    "Don't worry,Dan.She'll be okay. She just  needs to sleep,it's getting late." She attempts at calming him.We hug mum goodbye and kiss April goodbye.I wrap my arm around Dan's waist as we walk toward the boat.

    "It's okay,Dan.She'll be okay."

    "I know...Let's just have a good time.It's just a week.I'll be fine."

    "That's the spirit.Now...we should go straight up to the room.Mum was right,it's pretty late."

    "Yeah...I just wanna sleep."

    "We will,love."

    We make it to our room and get into our pajamas.We sleep for only a few hours before Dan moves away from me.

    "Honey?" I ask,not receiving any type of answer.Maybe he's just doing it in his sleep.But...he's sniffling.He's crying,but still asleep.

    "Dan,what's wrong?" I ask, shaking him slightly.

    "GAH!" He screams. "It was...just a dream..."

    "Dan,what happened?"

    "Nothing.Just a reoccurring dream.It's nothing important."

    "Dan it's important to me.Tell me. Please,bear."

    "Promise you won't get mad?"

    "I promise,love."

    "I keep getting these nightmares. The same thing happens every time.You get fed up of my depression and shit and you divorce me.You take April and leave."

    "You know if never do that You you,love."

    "I know it's not real...but it feels so real.It hurts to bad.And I feel so stupid...b-because..."

    "What?Please,honey.It's okay."

    He pulls up his sleeve to reveal something that breaks my heart and makes me start to cry.Old and fresh cuts are scattered all over his inner arm,reaching up to his inner elbow.He covers his face as I hug him.We sob loudly into each others shoulders.

    "I'm sorry...I'm such an idiot." Dan cries.

    "Baby,no.You're not an idiot.I just...I'm shocked..."

    "I'm sorry..."

    "Don't be sorry...just...when you have the urge to cut,come to me. You know I'll never stop loving you."

    "I know...I just wish you would understand.Actually,no I don't.I would never with that upon you."

    "Baby,just try to calm down.You need rest.I love you."

    He placed his hand on his belly and started to rub it.His eyes lit up.
The same smile I know and love appears on his face. "Phil...she's finally kicking!"

    I immediately place my hand where Dan's was.They're so faint, but they're there.That was another one of Dan's worries.The baby hadn't kicked before this and barely moved,unlike when he was pregnant with April.April used to move so much in his belly.I kind of miss it,but I can't wait for our new baby.

    I kept rubbing his belly until I realized Dan had fallen asleep.I hug him and fall asleep with him.