10 - Smooth Sailing

^That boat is the type of boat they are going on in this chapter (a 420) for people who don't sail :) 

I woke up with mascara all over my pillow and black tear streaks running down my face. 

I sat up in bed, resting my back and head against the wooden headboard. My phone had fallen out of my waistband while I slept, so I grabbed it and shuffle played my morning playlist. 

Lie To Me by 5 Seconds of Summer started playing and I got out of bed. I threw the clothes I wore to bed in the laundry, along with my now black pillow case. 

In the bathroom, I removed all the mascara streaks with a make up wipe and hopped in the shower. 

By the time I had my hair blow dried and had put on a pair of patterned flowy red pants and a plain white tube top, I felt like a new person. All I had to do was fast today and I would start to make up for the binge last night. 

I took some quick dry light blue nail polish and my phone and went into my backyard. I was on the top coat when my phone buzzed. I carefully picked my phone up, being careful not to smudge or dent any of my nails. 

Alex: I'm really sorry I had to leave in such a rush

Alex: Please believe that it was really important and I wouldn't have gone if I didn't have to

Alex: I really would have preferred to stay with you more. Maybe go back to my house... 😏

Alex: Anyway do you want to go sailing today? Just cuz we have school tomorrow so we won't have another chance until school gets out

Alex: And I don't want to wait a week

Even though I knew he was lying about wanting to spend time with me, I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face. 

Eh, what the hell? Might as well go, even if just to be on the water for a day. 

Me: Sailing sounds good. What time? 

Alex: An hour sound good? My boat is already at the beach so we can use that

Me:

Alex: Are we really back to "kay"? I thought we had clarified that you could say things other than that

Alex texted me again before I could come up with anything to say. 

Alex: Kidding anyway see you in an hour

I ran back upstairs to change again, even though I had only worn my outfit for half an hour. My nails were dry by the time I got upstairs, so I was able to look through my closet without worrying about them getting messed up. 

I chose another white bikini top and bottoms that had palm leaves on them and a light gray short sleeved shirt that ended just above my belly button. The loose shorts I put on made my legs look a little thinner than they were, which I was grateful for. 

A few swipes of mascara, waterproof this time to avoid any accidents while I was on the water, some moisturizer, and a careful application of lip balm, just in case, and I was ready. I stuck my sunglasses on top of my head and tucked my sailing gloves into my waistband. I left my phone at home because I didn't want anything to happen to it. 

I got to the beach parking lot 10 minutes early, at 10:30. I hopped out of my car and was walking down to the beach when Alex appeared beside me. 

"Hey, I'm glad you came!" The dirty minded freak smirked as he realized what he had said before he continued. 

"Anyway, you're early. Were you so eager to see me again?" He accidentally-on-purpose brushed his upper arm against my shoulder and my entire arm started tingling.