24

Courtney

I looked at the text I was thinking on sending warren. "Can you call me? Or meet me some where..I want to talk to you".

I sighed and turned my phone off, deciding not to send the text.

Biting my lip I ran my hands up and down my arms. Being in this hotel room by myself was really boring and depressing.

My step dad had went back to the army , so it was more pressure on my mom to find another suitable house. She was too scared to go back to the old one.

I was too.

Kelly came on my mind. Maybe what I said was a little harsh. Everything was just so in the moments I was speaking with out thinking.

Now we not even talking.

I grabbed my phone and went straight to her number with no hesitation. I pressed FaceTime and waited for her to answer.

It took awhile but finally it said connecting. "Hi bestfriend". I said smiling. My smile went away when I seen a bruise on her eye, and he lip was swell.

"What happened? Don't tell me he did it again". I sighed. She looked so sad and lifeless. Like she was just depressed.

"Where you at? I'm about to come over". I said standing up. Going to get my slides.

"I'll text you the address". She lowly said before hanging up. I haven't heard that type of voice from her since her dad died.

————

I got out of my Uber and walked into the hotel Kelly was in. I was confused on why she didn't just come to stay with me.

We could've fixed our problems together.

I walked into the hotel and went to the floor she was on, then searched for her room.

When I found it I knocked on the door and waited for a answer. It took awhile so I was about to knock again until I heard the door unlock.

When Kelly opened the door my jaw dropped. Not only was her face bruised , but her arms and waist was too.

"Yo. Deadass we gone have to go kill him". She stepped aside giving me room to walk in. "Chill. We still haven't went to handle Riley".

I sighed and sat on the couch. "Dead that situation. She was being petty , and If im gone be on a positive route I don't need to feed into stuff like that. I know my baby good in heaven"

"Well that's you, but when I see her ass she done". She said shaking her head. "She was out of line for that".

"Kelly what happened? Why all these bruises on you? I mean...I know where they came from but why?"  I asked changing the subject.

"We got into a argument". She said sitting next to me.

"Talk to me best". I said grabbing her hand.

She shook her head. "I don't really wanna talk about it... how you been?"

I sighed disappointed. Kelly used to tell me everything , now it's like she barely wants to talk at all.

"Well, I guess my mom has some options on houses. I'm so pissed cause she's talking about moving to Wisconsin". I rubbed my arms. "I don't understand why she's trying to leave , we don't have no family out there".

"Damn..that's fucked up". Kelly said. Have you talked to warren?"

I shook my head. "I was going to call him today. But I backed out, I'm a little scared because I know he's mad about how I reacted. I was just so mad and furious".