17

Pt.2

Kelly

"Damn, where she been. I thought her fast ass dropped out". I heard someone whisper. I ignored it and kept it pushing. I didn't come to argue and fight. I've missed 2 months of school.

I'm surprised they haven't expelled my ass yet, Mr. Gerno probably wouldn't let that happen though. He probably think I'm having a rough spot with my mom again.

I walked to my locker and put my hand on the lock. "Fuck". I said not knowing what my code is. I forgot it.

I looked around and sighed. Everyone was going into their class due to third bell ringing.

"Girl y'all always leaving and when y'all come back , you be limping like you pimping". I heard someone say, followed by laughter.

I looked behind me and my heart dropped when I seen Courtney. She looked at me and her mouth dropped. "Kelly? Oh my fucking god! Bestfriend". She ran over to me and hugged me tight as ever. This girl must have been working out because she was squeezing the hell out of me.

"Courtney , too tight". I said wincing. The bruise I had on my side was still hurting. She let go and looked at me weird. "Kelly why you got these shades on? And where have you been! I been looking for you. Your grandmas been worried, nicks been worried, warren beens worried, of course I've been worried, even Woowoo!"

Jenny walked up, clearing her throat. I looked at her and nodded my head. "Wassup Jenny"

"Hey, Courtney I'll head to class. Miss.Keep be on my ass when I'm late. See y'all later". She began walking off.

"Oh yeah, her and Woowoo are a thing now". Courtney looked at me weird like I was supposed to be mad. I had other things on my mind though.

"Wait? You said my grandma? I thought her ass was dead! She's alive?"  Courtney looked shocked with all these questions. I calmed down and took a breath. "Is she good?"

Courtney nodded. "Yeah...no....well...she's in the hospital, that day you found her on the floor she had a seizure. She just had another one the other day so she's back in there. Man, a lots been going on kelly. Where have you been?"

I bit my lip, trying to come up with a excuse. Nothing could come to mind so I decided to just change the subject. "Hey, do you remember my code?"

—————

"So, have you decided what you wanted to do for your birthday?" Courtney asked as we walked out of the building. The rest of the day went fast, I did come for the last hours though.

"I don't know, probably just chill. Just another day". I shrugged squinting at the bright sun. It was too hot for a jacket so I unzipped mines and took it off.

"Damn!" I heard Courtney say. "When the fuck did you get that?"

I looked down and seen she was talking about my tattoo. It was the one I wanted jr to do, but instead of him doing it I had someone else do it.

Only because Harry left a big ass bruise right there that wasn't going away.

"Last month I think". I said throwing my jacket in my purse. Courtney stood back and took a look at me. "Girl, you getting thick. And look at you getting a little gut"

She poked my stomach a little and furrowed her eyebrows. "why yo stomach so hard? You constipated?"

I shook my head and felt around my stomach. It was a little hard, I couldn't push down like I wanted.

"Bitch don't tell me yo-"

"Nykell?" I heard someone say. I turned and seen it was the principal. He looked at me and smiled. "Where have you been? I was getting worried."