1

3 months later

"Did you hear about that new boy?" My bestfriend, actually only friend, said as we walked out of math class.

I shrugged."nah". We walked up to my locker. I put the code in and put all of my books inside. Next and last period was PE so I didn't need anything.

Courtney was a shorty. She stood about 5ft and had shoulder length hair. That she usually kept in braids like me. Her light brown skin glowed and she had braces.

"Well I heard he was fine, fine as hell! Chocolate, waves, strong jawline. Gawd!" She said acting as if she was going to faint.

I chuckled and shook my head."sound 'bout right huh? What's his name?". We approached the cafeteria. Walking over to the lunch line.

"Good question..I couldn't hear the name clear, It was some hood shit though. I don't think it was his real name" she said grabbing a tray. She watched as the lunch lady slapped a slice of pizza on the tray."Thank you"

I nodded my head as I got my food, we made it way to our signature table. We've been sitting there since freshman year. Now we're sophomores.

"If he's ugly, and not what your making him out to be? I'm on your head" I said as we shared a laugh and sat down.

"Well precisely, I haven't seen him physically. Just a description..and he sound sexy" she said taking a bite from her pizza.

I opened my milk and looked around the cafeteria. Same thing everyday.

There was the table with the known girls, who could dress and thought they could any boy they wanted. Then there was the nerds..Super smart, some nice some weird acting. Last but not least the athletes. Of course there was more people around but those three was the main tables.

"Did you hear me?" Courtney said. I looked at her."Nah, what you say boo?". She tilted her head in front of us."There he is right there"

I looked in the direction her head tilted in and seen him. "Oh, so that's the new boy?" I said not so interested. He was cute but how all the other girls was reacting made me not even bother sweating him.

He could have anyone he wanted from the looks of it.

I picked up my pizza and started to eat. Not even realizing I was staring we locked eye contact.

He had two other boys with him, they sat at their own little table.

I wasn't going to look away and make it seem like I was scared. Because I wasn't, and I wanted to challenge him.

His eyes reminded me of something though, they were dark. His facial express was "blah" like he didn't care of nothing.

I could admit though, he was indeed fine.

I guess Courtney caught on to our staring. She stared at me causing me to look at her. "Damn, I loss" I thought.

"If he's not what your making him out to be" she mocked. I smirked a little and shook my head."nothing like that, just a stranger staring contest"

"Mhm" She said smirking." I'm not gone lie Kells, y'all would be bomb as fuck together" she looked at him then back to me."hell yes"

"Girl please, look at all those girls drooling over him. Don't they say don't compete where you don't compare? Court I do not compare to those girls so I'm not going to compete"

I wasn't ugly, but those other girls had things I didn't.

I was brownskin, standing 5'4ft. My hair was shoulder length and I had a nice little figure. My plump brownish pink lips complimented my button nose.