Laboratory B.A.S.E

Welcome to Laboratory Biological, Assimilation, of Synthetic, Evolution

Deep beyond the prying eyes of ASU's civilization resides within the vast mountain ranges, Laboratory B.A.S.E. Being the one large establishment into forced evolution the facility is 11,160,000 square feet in footage, or 256 acre, twice as large as the previous largest building; the Aalsmeer Flower Auction. The facility over looks a large waterfall. Its main building stands 17 stories tall, with 2 floor below ground.

Floor information:

The first floor holds is an all access floor where students of science are taught and educated in the fields of science. This floor also holds a library consisting of many scientific books and books of scientific theory.

If the the students from the first floor excel at their work and manage to graduate the difficult class the will advance to Level I trainee personal. The second floor is where these trainee's reside partaking in the lowest decree of laboratory training. This floor is also where small laboratory experiments are held.

The third floor is for Level II trainee personnel. They are responsible for over looking the Level I trainees and supervising them in laboratory experiments. these trainees must understand the principles of humane animal care and are qualified to handle the species proposed for use. These trainees are responsible for attending a seminar for training. This is where Level II personnel conduct experiment of minor significance to evolution.

The fourth floor is for level III trainee, these trainees are taught on a more individual level and are tested on proper laboratory safety before moving on to full fledged personnel.

The fifth floor is the first level of the laboratories security, the ravagers. This floor also serves as a divider between the trainee levels and real personal levels.

the sixth floor is where level IV personal first began to conduct tests on small animal life and begin avid study of the animals gene's and DNA.

The seventh floor is where Level V personnel conduct experiments on larger rodents and focus on the animal body's reaction to certain chemicals.

The Eighth floor is yet another security floor that also holds a library containing research materials of the level III-Level VI personnel.

the Ninth floor is where the level VI personnel reside testing large animals and live-stock.

The Tenth floor is where the Level VII personal reside, this is where personnel are first introduce to the secret of the buildings real person and first begin research on the effects certain chemicals have on human blood samples, these findings are relayed to personnel of higher levels.

The eleventh and twelfth floor are more security floor, much more heavily guarded and serve as a divider between the more serious research and the much less significant research.

The 13th floor is where level VIII personal reside and where experiments are tested on human genes and DNA. This is also the floor where a library containing all information of human gene experimentation is held and where relayed information form the Level VII personal is stored.

the 14th floor is yet another security floor in order to prevent any form of escape from the experiments.

The 15th floor is where full human experiments are observed and studied.

the 16th floor is where laboratory experiments are kept in white rooms containing nothing but minor learning materials and where experiments are all taught various levels of human education and monitored.

the 17th floor is where level IX staff conduct experiments on human organs and where level VIII-level X scientists conduct meetings to discuss their findings.

The 0th floor, or the first floor located below ground is a MUCH more heavily guarded floor with heavy metal door on every room and sound proof walling, This floor is where the human experiments are tested on. This floor also contains a library that contains all notes directly pertaining to the human experiments and journals of scientist's findings and observations of each subject. this floor is a Level X personnel floor.

The floor below this is the floor in which each experiment takes up living quarters, each with their own individual room containing only a bed and not dangerous materials on might be able to hurt themselves or others with.

The pod buildings attached to the main building are living quarters for the scientist as well as other multipurpose buildings.

Trainee personal information:

Level I- Periodically, these individuals must be exposed to laboratory animals or research facilities on single occasions with no intention of working independently (e.g., students involved in a teaching exercise involving animals, project sponsors wishing to review or participate in a procedure). Although these individuals must understand their responsibilities and limitations, as well as the hazards associated with research 'animal' contact, the depth of training necessary is minimal. "Level I Training" consists of the informative brochures entitled, "The Use of 'Animals' in Biomedical Research at B.A.S.E" and "Introduction to Occupational Hazards Associated with the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals."

These visiting personnel must remain under the supervision of a Level II trained staff member.

To ensure a basic level of understanding the animal welfare responsibilities and occupational health risks associated with animal use, documented receipt and review of Level I Training materials is also required for individuals prior to B.A.S.E approval as project participants until Level II Training is completed. This includes the requirement for supervision by a Level II trained staff member during all animal use.

Level II- B.A.S.E holds monthly didactic (Level II) and "hands-on" (Level III) training sessions for scientists, research technicians, and others involved in animal research. Level II is a training program designed to ensure that these individuals understand the principles of animal care and are qualified to handle the species proposed for use. All research personnel listed on an animal-use proposal must attend a "Level II" seminar within 90 days of their association with an animal research study. Those who have not met training requirements at the time of proposal submission are informed of the need to do so during the proposal review process; animal use privileges are contingent upon meeting the B.A.S.E training requirements.

Level III- B.A.S.E offers Level III training for Principal Investigators and laboratory personnel on an individual basis. Generalized Level III training consists of standard techniques: appropriate animal handling and restraint, physical exam, blood collection (intravascular, vessel stick, terminal cardiac puncture), injection techniques (subcutaneous, intravascular, intraperitoneal, intramuscular), and euthanasia.

Level III training is intended to help new or established personnel at any level develop and/or hone techniques common to most all research efforts.

Unless otherwise specified, Level III Training will be held in B.A.SE on the fourth floor.

This level of personnel is required to take a full exam over all trainee and student material before advancing to be a full fledged staff member.