Chapter XXX

I just feel like I have to say this once again.

But I cannot thank all the readers of this book enough.

Especially the ones that vote or comment on my book.

And the ones that read regularly even if they don't.

And the ones who even took a minute of their time to read the first chapter of my book.

So thank you soooooo much.

I observe Acacia talking attentively to Nieve with an angry expression on her face as though in deep conversation.

My legs are so much more sore than I imagined and it's only been a few hours of marching.

Once again like all of our other marches, it started off with energetic, musical and happy moods with the perfect image of summer, with remarkably green trees, baby blue skies, the sweet scent of flowers, coffee, my allergies kicking in and bright, beautiful sunny days.

But eventually the weather worsened and all the keen, floating emotions just disappeared. The grass turned dry and dead, the sky turned grey and stormy, the occasional sound of thunder grabbed our hesitant attention.

So all in all the dullen area eventually gave us loss of hopes and newfound tiredness, boredom and annoyance.

Things that we don't often resort to when it comes to our usual marches.

When I say 'usual marches' I'm referring to the fact that there's been sixteen different children marches already.

Apparently, according to James L. Bevel this will be the big turning point.

Which I doubt.

Here I am complaining in my head while the younger children have been making their thoughts much more publicly known.

A lot of crying.

A lot of whining.

A lot of eye rolls in response.

A lot of me realising that I never want to have a child or deal with one.

However Nieve.

Nieve will not shut up.

She's the only one who has managed to maintain an attitude worse than the kids.

It makes me wonder why she would come if she was ready to walk around with a sour expression all the time.

Sadly, it seemed the angrier Nieve became the more that I became an easy target for insults and unnecessary comments.

Which is probably why Acacia is currently shouting at her for the third time this afternoon.

Also the reason why I haven't found anything else to occupy my time but listening in on their argument.

"...everyone's tired, Nieve, you're not the only one, but if you're going to act like this you'll have to leave."

"You're unbelievably delusional if you think that you of all people can tell me what to do," Nieve barks.

"Unbelievably delusional? I..."

Blah blah blah.

Everything from that point kind of drowns out in my head.

Bored, I turn to see a small boy near me, sat on the edge of the moving car with a frown and drowsy eyes indicating that he wants to fall asleep.

I relate.

"Don't you think it's a bit weird?"

The source of the voice is non other than the golden boy from Church, Joshua.