004

moans slip from nala's lips as his big hands caress her bare skin.

blood dripping from her lips as he bites down, her chocolate skin decorated with the rich red liquid.

his lips suck on hers as their bare bodies press together tightly, mixing each others sweat and breath with each others.

his icy blue orbs lock with hers, before pulling her into another kiss.

nala woke with a jump, frantically feeling her body and sighing when she realized she was fully clothed, she wiped her sweaty forehead before closing her eyes.

___________

jeongguk slipped the rubber band on his bicep, making sure it was tight against his muscles.

he stuck the needle into his skin, wincing at the sharp pinch, "that should hold me off."

____________

tap

tap

jeongguk boredly click his nails on the glass door, watching himself in the reflection. the door slowly slid open, and out from the curtain a brown tiny head popped out. "mr. jeon?"

"stop calling me that, sounds like i'm old."

"what are you doing on my balcony?" she asks, staring at his pale face, he looked almost transparent under the moonlight.

"how are you?" he asks, leaning closer toward s the short girl's face. "are you worrying about your friend? you shouldn't be."

"i wasn't." she bite her lip, cursing at her self mentally. all she's been thinking about was jeongguk she never even gave a thought about her friend's well being.

"really? on your way home from school everyday, you always seem to linger near the park where he was arrested." he shrugs, giving her a knowing look.

"you've been following me?"

"jeon! are you there!?" jeongguk clicked on his Bluetooth,"I'm here."

"we have the target about yesterday's case, we're at the tower."

jeongguk looked over his shoulder, giving the girl a wave before jumping off the balcony.

"wait!" she started to step forward towards the edge, only to slip and fall backwards onto her bottom. she rubbed her head as she eyed the black wallet on the ground.

she stared at the black leather before slipping her jacket on.

__________

"you've already been caught." the police man says, reaching his hand out to the bloody woman, "calm down so we can settle this peacefully."

"i-it was an accident." nala stood behind the brick wall, she could clearly make out jeongguk's face who was holding the distraught woman in place. " my husband, he cut his finger, and he told me to lick it off."

tears ran down the woman's face, "next thing i knew i stabbed him."

"d-did he know you were a vampire?"

she nodded, sobbing loudly.

"everyone was right about our relationship of working out, i should have listened." the woman's sobs brought tears to nala's eyes. "i loves him so much, i was so careful."

"i really am a monster."

"you're a vampire, mrs. kim. it was bound to happen."

"i-

nala quickly left her hiding spot, running as fast as she could back to her apartment. this is what she gets for being nosy. the woman's words replay in her head as she throws her jacket off, slamming her apartment door closed.

she slumped on to her mattress, the cold room making her shiver in her spot, the black wallet still gripped in her hand.

tap tap.

jeongguk stood at her balcony door, nala couldn't help but smile as he gave her a small wave, she blushed even harder when he smiled back.

"you followed me, didn't you?" his hand reaches for the door and slides it open with ease, his face changes into a look of anger. "hello? you didn't even lock your door!"

"a woman, alone in the middle of night." he scoffs, giving her an angry stare.

"i'm sorry." she giggles, bringing the wallet to his view. "you just left this here,so...."

his expression has shock written all over it, apologizing as he takes the wallet from her gently.

they both go out to the balcony as they peer down at the city. "promise me something." he says.

"what is it?"

he looks over her smooth face, ignoring the butterflies in his stomach as he pats her head. "never get hurt in front of me."

"i promise."

jeon's bluetooth goes off in his ear at full volume, making him jump in shock. "jeon! where are you? stop running off every time yo-

"i'm on my way." he twirls one of nala's curls around his finger before sighing, "i have to go, stay safe."

he points a finger in her face and gives a stern look, "and lock your damn door."

_______